The sagebrush mariposa lily

wannabe photog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At sunset
A7-w1f_rs-001mslily.jpeg

This one too heavy for the stem to support, so it is lying among some asters.
A7-w1f_rs-002mslily.jpeg

This one growing up through dead stems of brush, as many do.
A7-w1f_rs-003mslily.jpeg

Also known as "the green stripe lily".
A7-w1f_rs-004mslily.jpeg

I've tried to process the photos to emphasize the bloom as the subject. My experience with composing and making the shot is not much, and experience with processing is even less, so it won't be surprising if there are tips and pointers of what may be done much better.

Here's a tip. I think most people want to see pics of things with nice, soft, fuzzy, oof backgrounds. Those weeds and things aren't what people consider beautiful. If you can get that flower with the sky behind it it might be the beauty shot people are looking for.

Here's a tip. I think most people want to see pics of things with nice, soft, fuzzy, oof backgrounds. Those weeds and things aren't what people consider beautiful. If you can get that flower with the sky behind it it might be the beauty shot people are looking for.
Kirk, thank you for the tip / advice on a direction to go that may produce a better image.

(Let me take this opportunity to mention that you post some very nice work here. If it were possible for me to be on the site more frequently and with a better connection on this end, I'd be able to express my appreciation for your work and that of others here more regularly.)

Kirk, thank you for the tip / advice on a direction to go that may produce a better image.

(Let me take this opportunity to mention that you post some very nice work here. If it were possible for me to be on the site more frequently and with a better connection on this end, I'd be able to express my appreciation for your work and that of others here more regularly.)

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words. I wish you could be here even for just a day, I would show you the place I regularly go (the swamp as I call it), you would love it and I could get you up to speed on a few things real quick. There are lots of good videos on you tube if you have the time to search around.

I agree with K on the fussy backgrounds, it does distract from, what are, nice looking flowers. A wider aperture will help to throw them further oof.

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words. I wish you could be here even for just a day, I would show you the place I regularly go (the swamp as I call it), you would love it and I could get you up to speed on a few things real quick. There are lots of good videos on you tube if you have the time to search around.
@K9Kirk thank you for taking your time for giving direction.
You are generous in saying you would share time and give training at your area of "the swamp". (I've been told that those who invite others to go along into gator territory or bear country, always make sure they can outrun the person they are inviting to tag along...just in case the wildlife is in an ornery mood. :allteeth:)

I agree with K on the fussy backgrounds, it does distract from, what are, nice looking flowers. A wider aperture will help to throw them further oof.
Thank you for reinforcing the tip, SF, that I need to give attention to that element in order to try to advance toward making photos that may "work".

@K9Kirk thank you for taking your time for giving direction.
You are generous in saying you would share time and give training at your area of "the swamp". (I've been told that those who invite others to go along into gator territory or bear country, always make sure they can outrun the person they are inviting to tag along...just in case the wildlife is in an ornery mood. :allteeth:)

I was clocked @ 10.4 in the 100 yard ............... 44 years ago. :048: You just may have a chance of outrunning me now.

Most reactions

Back