THE SEISIUN

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,
I got together with a a gathering o' musicians and friends last evening at The Playwright Pub. Fine food, grand fellowship, and warming grog was the backdrop for a two hour seisiun played by some very gifted traditional Irish musicians.

p80DFcAuTAOQ0mpFZd7d3A_thumb_a4d6_Fotor.jpg

The Seisiun ~ Jonathan Warner is seen playing a reel on Irish whistle. Jonathan plays whistler, Irish flute, and uilleann pipes and was one o' the featured musicians at last evening's seisiun.

kpthGo0JSnmx5JJTYhDVhw_thumb_a4f1_Fotor.jpg

Fiddle Tunes ~ Joseph Heeran is captured playing fiddle last evening. A most gifted Irish style guitarist, I had no idea that Joe also played fiddle. Joe is very dedicated to the preservation o' traditional Irish music, a genre most often referred to as Trad.

uh0FI0RmQZuA+2VqfOz7sQ_thumb_a4f3_Fotor.jpg

Loretta Murphy was one o' the two featured musicians at last night's seisiun. Loretta is a tremendous Irish traditional musician and plays accordion and concertina. Teacher to many students on both accordion and concertina, Loretta has been highly influential in keeping Irish Traditional music thriving.

pGGQn%uJRu2b%VkZDH10Zg_thumb_a4dd_Fotor.jpg

My good Mate Bernard is seen playing Irish high whistle whilst accompanied by Andrew playing bouzouki, both lads are regulars on the Irish Trad music scene in Connecticut. I enjoyed a grand dinner with Bernard and another friend, Kathleen, at the pub prior to the start o' the seisiun.

eqrcyo99RA6xSLvpQ15cPA_thumb_a4ef_Fotor.jpg

On Tap ~ There are many fine brews to be had on tap at The Playwright Pub, a few o' the many offerings are seen. here. These tap levers were captured by me camera whilst at the bar. The lighting in the pub was extremely low and made for some difficult shooting as I did not wish to use flash whilst satiating me photographic cravings for the evening.

So, another fine evening had amongst friends that love Trad music and good craic, well worth the 1.5 hour drive to enjoy such wonderful offerings at The Playwright Pub. I was delighted to have a neighbor from town, Kathleen, accompany me on the trip, surely her conversation made the drive seemingly pass by most quickly.

Slan go foill,
Mike ☘️

Last edited:
No Bouzouki? Love me some Irish bouzouki!
I’m sure it was a great time. Would love to shoot a scene like this sometime!!!
Looks like they have one of these pubs near me. Did you bring a dlsr in? If so did management or the people have any issue with it?

Looks like they have one of these pubs near me. Did you bring a dlsr in? If so did management or the people have any issue with it?

See caption with image #4.

Mike ☘️

Mike [emoji3515]

My bad you caught the neck. Was hoping for a more straight on shot with the body. Do u happen to know who made it? Hard to find them in the wild in the NE :)

Mike [emoji3515]

My bad you caught the neck. Was hoping for a more straight on shot with the body. Do u happen to know who made it? Hard to find them in the wild in the NE :)

Unfortunately I did not get a full on shot of the bouzouki. Not certain who made the instrument.

Mike ☘️

Looks like a great time! Thanks for the pics and captions :)

Looks like a great time! Thanks for the pics and captions :)

Always a great time. I am hooked up with invites to house concerts (small in home venue / 35 guests max - most are musicians) and have met some of the finest Irish Trad musicians in the world.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Nice set. Looks like you had a good time. I would've liked to've been there and nursing a couple or three Smithwick's Red Ale.

Most reactions

Back