What's new

The Snake I found in Iowa

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
32
Location
Eastern Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While out shooting this weekend I stumbled across a rather large Bull snake. I have posted the original and the cropped image.

Nikon D800 24-70 lens ISO 160 70mm f/13 1/50 sec

#1


#2
 
Bulls are cranky and can be aggressive... but they are not venomous! Can give a nasty bite though!
 
Well that's show how good the D800 is, still very clear even when cropped.How do you like it?
 
Dang, ya didn't try to ketch et?

I would have caught that rascal in a skinny minute! My 4 1/2' ball python died about 6 months ago and I am looking for a replacement, a bull snake would have been BULLY! LOL

RIP Slinky
$Slinky.webp
 
I have only used the D800 once for a concert shoot, which is what I mainly shoot and have had no ISO noise, in fact it is quite good in low light. I am amazed on how it will crop and maintain clarity/focus.
 
I saw an online video where the guy said that the D800 gives a medium format look. I think its a phenomenal camera. I would buy one in a second. At the moment I am shooting sports and automotive sports. I need a higher fps than 4, I know I can grip it but thats still 3500$ for a DX camera and still only 6fps. For concerts, weddings, landscapes, portraits and product photography the D800 raised the standard.
 
During a family trip to New Mexico, my Dad stumbled upon a bull snake, caught it, and decided to use my pillow case as transportation for it. Was a family pet for quite some time.

Brings back memories!
 
During a family trip to New Mexico, my Dad stumbled upon a bull snake, caught it, and decided to use my pillow case as transportation for it. Was a family pet for quite some time.

Brings back memories!

As a pet I'm assuming you mean in some kind of cage or tank.
 
Heh, yes. In a large aquarium if I recall correctly...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom