The Steps | New Location | More to Come

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a bit of time last night for some landscapes after work, but not a lot of time, so I headed over to a relatively close spot called Stepping Stone Falls. I've never actually visited before, and it somehow took me almost an hour to actually find the falls (managed to drive by the access road...oops!). Thankfully I found it about an hour before sunset--what a spot! Not quite as long and dynamic as Diana's Pool, but still full of a million compositions... er... as soon as the trees have some proper leaves on them :)

Nikon D800
Nikon 16-35 f4 VRII
Lee Landscape Polarizer
Lee Little Stopper

The Steps by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

That boring, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the way the flow of the stream pulls your eye, at least mine

It's a nice shot; I see lots of potential there though.

You wouldn't believe. If I didn't have to intentionally compose out the dead trees, there's like a thousand compositions here. Can't wait to revisit this summer.

Jake

with binga on the pull of the stream. Not so much a fan of this one though. You are capable of better i think. The top of the frame looks chopped. i follow it up and i see chopped. Cropped close makes it kind of messy on the top and seems like it is pushing down on the water. Not sure how you could fix that. Tree cut off in upper left isn't helping, cement in upper right kind of a distraction. There really just doesn't seem to be a clear clean line of sight here. The diagonal in the middle, not sure if it would look better placed further up the frame or further down, or maybe a it just needs a different perspective entirely. Just a awkward framing. Looks like one you might have to think on..

jmo. hope it helps.

with binga on the pull of the stream. Not so much a fan of this one though. You are capable of better i think. The top of the frame looks chopped. i follow it up and i see chopped. Cropped close makes it kind of messy on the top and seems like it is pushing down on the water. Not sure how you could fix that. Tree cut off in upper left isn't helping, cement in upper right kind of a distraction. There really just doesn't seem to be a clear clean line of sight here. The diagonal in the middle, not sure if it would look better placed further up the frame or further down, or maybe a it just needs a different perspective entirely. Just a awkward framing. Looks like one you might have to think on..

jmo. hope it helps.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. This was more of a forced composition, as the trees are still leaf-less here in CT. I compositioned out the top to keep it about the falls, but I agree about it being too heavy. I'll be able to do it proper justice this summer when the trees look a bit nicer [emoji106]

Beautiful spot to get back to. Good luck.

Well the trees are budding so it should only be another week or two!

jmo. hope it helps.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. This was more of a forced composition, as the trees are still leaf-less here in CT. I compositioned out the top to keep it about the falls, but I agree about it being too heavy. I'll be able to do it proper justice this summer when the trees look a bit nicer [emoji106]

there ya go. Looks like one of those shots that wasn't really meant to be maybe. Hard shot. I am not claiming i could do better by far. Just hard shot.

Most reactions

Back