The Swan

Nein-reis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Everytime I look at this, I like it a little more. Now lets see what you think...

large.jpg

EXIF:
camera:350D
lens: 100-400mm f/4 IS L USM @260mm
Exposure: 1/200 sec
F-stop: 5.6
Exposure program: manual
ISO: 400

hmmmm. Well it seems like you lose way to much detail in the beak because it was underexposed. It almost seems like you planned for that though.

It is both underexposed and overexposed. Typical backlighting problem. You should have exposed for the swan, not the background.

I wanted to over expose the water to make it white withought over exposing the swan... I'm not quite sure why the beak got blown out there, but I think it helps from thinking the bird was cut and pasted on a white background, keeping the photo together. Might be wrong tho.

I think you are right on the cutting and pasting, the photo leaves me searching for detail like the water drops near the eye and how it is wet I wish I could see more of the detail. on the other hand I am looking not just going past.

I actually really like the shot. I myself am one for simple backgrounds as to truly show off the subject. The simplicity of the shot really does it for me, although, that's just me. This is one of those shots that really comes down to personal opinion, because technically the shot isn't sound (exposure as many above mentioned), but photography isn't all about the technicalities, it's about showing something pleasing to the eye. And sometimes you can bypass exposure levels or what have you to do that. Great shot in my opinion.

Most reactions

Back