The Tannery Drum

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found this in the wood behind an old Tannery (leather making place). It's a drum designed to "wash" the fat and hair off fresh skins. I liked it because of the craftsmanship that when into making something so complicated out of wood and bits of metal.

TranneryBW by runnah555, on Flickr

Trannery2 by runnah555, on Flickr

That is way cool! But I'm pretty sure it was built by steam punk aliens trying to get back home using what was at hand.

Those are some terrific textures. :thumbup::thumbup:

#1 for me.

The vertical - the horizontal looks unbalanced, and I like the contrast between the light plants in the foreground of the vertical and the dark areas on the drum - I might crop the top a bit to remove the sky and the dark area in the trees.

The vertical - the horizontal looks unbalanced, and I like the contrast between the light plants in the foreground of the vertical and the dark areas on the drum - I might crop the top a bit to remove the sky and the dark area in the trees.

Yeah I tried to get rid of the sky and ended up unbalanced.

These both rock Runnah. I love the contrast and personally, I really love old, "outdoorsy," woody feeling photos like this. Particularly in B&W. Good feel to them, and I'm not sure which I prefer. I like the horizontal orientation because of the included trees on the right side. The portrait orientation is good, but it leaves me feeling like I'm missing something out of the frame camera right.

Good job. :mrgreen:

These both rock Runnah. I love the contrast and personally, I really love old, "outdoorsy," woody feeling photos like this. Particularly in B&W. Good feel to them, and I'm not sure which I prefer. I like the horizontal orientation because of the included trees on the right side. The portrait orientation is good, but it leaves me feeling like I'm missing something out of the frame camera right.

Thanks, it was a good find out in the boonies.

Thanks, it was a good find out in the boonies.

BFE, Maine.

do you mean EBF, Maine?

Most reactions

Back