The TPF Meet-up Bugs

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
During the latest TPF meetup in Germany i took alot of bug shots. Just look at the Meetup thread and you will see me with my face in the grass a couple of times. The pics in this post are a bit bigger then i usually post and only because they were made at the meetup and thus special :mrgreen:
And here is the result of sticking your head in the bushes:
#1 Bugs at the duckpond
TPFBugs001.jpg

TPFBugs002.jpg

#3 Bugs in Lüneburg
TPFBugs003.jpg

#4 Bugs in the heath
TPFBugs004.jpg

TPFBugs005.jpg

#6 Bugs at Ole Hoop
TPFBugs006.jpg

TPFBugs007.jpg

TPFBugs008.jpg

#9 Bugs at the river Wümme
TPFBugs009.jpg

#10 Bugs IN Ole Hoop
TPFBugs010.jpg

#11 And more bugs in the garden of Ole Hoop
TPFBugs011.jpg

TPFBugs012.jpg

#13 The eyes on this one were amazing
TPFBugs013.jpg

TPFBugs014.jpg

TPFBugs015.jpg

TPFBugs016.jpg

TPFBugs017.jpg

TPFBugs018.jpg

TPFBugs019.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

I agree the eyes on that last are really good!
A really great set of shots here, very good sharpness and great depths of field (often a difficult area with much macro work)
Out of interset what did you take these with?

ps - who is the last one landed on >??

edit 0 looking at your site I would have to guess that those were taken with the sigma 105mm macro - they are certainly not from the sigma

#5 is stunning.

Those are all stunning!

What lens/lens config/filter setup is that?

BTW, I don't understand number 1. Is that motion blur on his body that got processed or something? Looks kinda like he's floating in liquid. :)

Totally awesome shots and outstanding processing!

Well, cannot pick a favourite! great shots... even more if you consider under which circumstances they were made.
hay fever, booze, plus me being around disturbing all the bugs :p

Those are some of the BEST photos I've ever seen. What equipment did you use for this? And how on earth did you get that spider?? It looks like you're underneath it!

First two are mind blowing. Great job on catching a hover in flight!

I agree the eyes on that last are really good!
A really great set of shots here, very good sharpness and great depths of field (often a difficult area with much macro work)
Out of interset what did you take these with?

ps - who is the last one landed on >??

edit 0 looking at your site I would have to guess that those were taken with the sigma 105mm macro - they are certainly not from the sigma
Well, the last one landed on a chair in this shot, but it was pretty much all over the place. And i shot these with the sigma 105mm and a speedlite 430EX with a difuser on it. I shoot pretty much alway on F13 and 1/200. That way your DOF is a bit wider and works like a charm
#5 is stunning.
Thank you :)
Those are all stunning!

What lens/lens config/filter setup is that?

BTW, I don't understand number 1. Is that motion blur on his body that got processed or something? Looks kinda like he's floating in liquid.

Totally awesome shots and outstanding processing!
Like i said earlier on: canon 350D, Sigma 105 2.8 macro, speedlite 430ex with a difuser cap. I usually use a lumiquest softbox, but i didnt feel like putting that on at that time. And the settings are normally: ISO100, F13, 1/200
Thats motionblur, you can also see it by the eye. But the eye that you can see best and the body are sharp, so im happy :)
Well, cannot pick a favourite! great shots... even more if you consider under which circumstances they were made.
hay fever, booze, plus me being around disturbing all the bugs
hehe thanks, yeah the hayfever got pretty bad sometimes. But yeah, thats what you get from running around in the woods and grasslands all the time. And there wasnt booze involved.......not a lot anyways :mrgreen:
Those are some of the BEST photos I've ever seen. What equipment did you use for this? And how on earth did you get that spider?? It looks like you're underneath it!
Thank you. Just look up a bit for the equipment list. And that spider was just hanging around. Only had to climb up a table and take some shots. Was a pretty easy shot actually :)
Cracking shots Daan! I nearly clicked on ebay to go find a macro lens
Just do it, you know you want to ;) and thanks.
First two are mind blowing. Great job on catching a hover in flight!
im pretty happy with those too. I never had a shot of them flying, but this little one was very helpfull and stayed on the same place for a couple of seconds. So i had enough time to focus and take some shots.

and btw, there are more to be found on www.daanschouwe.nl Just go to insecten and scroll down. The last 40 or so shots are from germany

It's been said already, but these shots are stunning. The detail you get in the insect is amazing, and I like how you're able to include other objects like flowers, half eaten leaves etc. Very cool to see the results of all that lurking in the grass and at the duckpond and on the stones at the Wildpark etc etc turned out!

:hail::hail::hail:​

Dude....everyone of these is brilliant...total magazine quality. Schweet shooting Daan. :thumbup::thumbup:​

awesome. makes me feel like getting a macro lens and go out finding bugs myself.

Like i said earlier on: canon 350D, Sigma 105 2.8 macro, speedlite 430ex with a difuser cap. I usually use a lumiquest softbox, but i didnt feel like putting that on at that time. And the settings are normally: ISO100, F13, 1/200
Thats motionblur, you can also see it by the eye. But the eye that you can see best and the body are sharp, so im happy :)

I would be too! I like the 6 more you added btw...

Nice! All good ones! 18 is cool! Needs the audio from a flight control room during a talk-down landing. ;)

Thanks for the run-down on the set-up! Much appreciated! (looks cool!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back