The Tree

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture back in April 2007 I had gone for a walk with my grandparents to a place called Frensham ponds, a place in Surrey (England) regrettably I was still using auto mode and had no idea about my little S3's full potential I did some PP on it last night with PSE 4, I am still learning so all I did was change to Sepia and then add the colour layer back on top with a lower opacity, and I think I used one of the painting effects.

Helpful pointers always welcome editing tips mainly as I know that I should have shot in manual:blushing:

So here is 'The Tree'

2270960697_f8df487564_b.jpg

And here is the orriginal:

IMG_2247.jpg

I absolutely love the lower half, the sky at the left is great too, however i don't like how the top of the tree looks; the little branches and leaves are not very well defined, and i find them too bright and distracting. Making another layer and processing for the top of the tree should fix that, if you agree with me of course. Ideally, i would also like to see the whole of the branch that is cut off at the left edge, but that would probably change the composition significantly.

mm Nice Shot but I think the colour could use some enhancing...

Heres an edit:

99406933as5.jpg

I have used my laptop for this photo, and I was unsure on my colouring, its one of those soft screens that if you poke you can see a mark (dont know the technical term) and I do notice its hard to see the detail on the screen.

The saint, I like your editing but it looks a bit yellow (could be my crappy laptop-I really should get on the PC)

I agree with the fine detail, its kinda lost in my edit.

Thanks for the comments

That's way too much 'pop' there The_Saint! Lost a lot of detail in the blacks too. I like the subdued tones in the original edited photo, it has a painting-like quality without rubbing a dozen photoshop filters into your retina.

Most reactions

Back