D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A cold walk tonight took us to a place that's insanely busy with traffic but also a place I've wanted to shoot for a while; I'm looking for feedback on this edit as its just a fairly quick one, and yeah, I know, the sign is annoying :D

D850 / 24mm / f9 / ISO 64 / 20 sec

Sofia_TV_Tower.jpg

I like the ice and the overall feel of this , but the more annoying thing to me is the streetlight. I wonder what you could get by moving to a slightly different location?

I like the ice and the overall feel of this , but the more annoying thing to me is the streetlight. I wonder what you could get by moving to a slightly different location?

Ah I wondered if that would come up, we tried a few different locations, but given it's on a super busy round-a-bout and I'm limited to my 24mm at widest, there was nowhere I could capture without hitting at least one of the many sets of lights around, Maybe I could drop the colour to blend them more with the scene ...

Attachments

• Sofia_TV_Tower_LightSat.jpg
    Sofia_TV_Tower_LightSat.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 173
Actually, I can probably do some better localised edit on those! Cheers for the feedback :)

Same thought here. I really like it but the streetlights are distracting.

I like the image, but if it were mine I`d try to get rid of the sign on the right hand side.

I like the image, but if it were mine I`d try to get rid of the sign on the right hand side.

You know, That was the first critique I expected, The lights didn't bother me so much as I tried a few locations and this was one with less lights. I have however dropped the yellows for the final shot and also cleared up the light trails by using 4 shots and blending in PS, however, that sign remains Dave! :D I did try to crop it out, clone it out and content aware fill remove it, alas, it all looked worse than when the sign is there, I guess due to the lighting...

Quite frankly, this shot, while nice in its own way, has several faults which makes it difficult to say which one needs correcting.

They all do, but spending a lot of time in PS trying to correct them seems like more of a hassle than just going back out and trying again.

Quite frankly, this shot, while nice in its own way, has several faults which makes it difficult to say which one needs correcting.

They all do, but spending a lot of time in PS trying to correct them seems like more of a hassle than just going back out and trying again.

Care to elaborate? or just an off the cuff comment? I'm sure I'll head back out and shoot it again next real snow we get.

Note: This is cropped to 8x10 which loses the lead-in footpath also, which IMO worked well as it lead in an opposite curve to the traffic..

Last edited:
Care to elaborate?
Leaves obscuring the top of the tower.
Streetlight pole is distracting.
Building is not plumb.
Composition is not balanced artistically.
Sign is distracting. (I mentioned it last because it is the least problematic of all the issues.)

To each their own, this wasn't my final edit - so as brash as the "critique" is; Appreciated.

Leaves obscuring the top of the tower. - Personal choice
Streetlight pole is distracting. - Rather leave it than PS it; I dropped the yellows to blend the colour grading in final cut.
Building is not plumb. - Lens Distortion fixed by eye, agree and was amended in final edit
Composition is not balanced artistically. - Personal taste - art is art to some and rubbish to others, Again tweaks made in final edit to blend and grade better
Sign is distracting. (I mentioned it last because it is the least problematic of all the issues.) - ....It's a street....a highway actually..

Maybe I took you wrong, but instead of critique you've taken a dislike and come across as brash, disinterested and unhelpful. So having reviewed your profile, your shots and the rest of your posts and comments, I'll just leave it be....

I think that annoying building in the middle needs to go and I would like to see more traffic....:biglaugh: seriously, the lights are what they are, sometimes there is no helping it. I do think the building could be straightened up, but I like the framing of the leaves. And as odd as it sounds, I think the sign helps balance things.

Most reactions

Back