The twin lens reflex

Looking through some photos on my phone tonight I found a digital photo of a Rolleiflex that I own. It was made around 2003 or so and is a 5-megapixel digital. The picture quality is quite bad.View attachment 182717
For some reason that focusing screen would be interesting in low light

Twin lens reflex models which used knob winding and the red window system had very few moving parts compared to more sophisticated cameras which had automated winding. Compared to a moving mirror camera with interchangeable lenses most twin lens reflex cameras were actually quite reliable and many still continue to work to this day.

If you have never held and worked the controls of a high-end Rolleiflex, then you have missed one of the joys of old time camera workmanship. Even the lower-priced Rolleicord was a nice camera.

Well has anyone ever heard of the Mint InstantFlex tlr camera? Modern made miniature TLR that uses instax mini film.

They have a free film program, but to do it, you have to post lots of photos of the camera onto instagram with lots of hashtags for them. 45 people have to like each picture you post as well. 4 pictures and you can get a new pack of film from them. And only 1 picture allowed per 24 hour period.

Lomo has a lubitel clone now. Not sure how that will go down in history. Both are the same price, but the lubitel clone uses standard 120 format. SO it is cheaper per shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back