The voice in your head

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ever wondered about the voice only you can hear? No I'm not going mad. When you read or write or type something you can hear a voice. Try it now while you're reading this. It's obviously your own voice but the more you think of it the wierder it gets. Most of the time you go about your daily things without giving it a second thought. But it's there the voice in your head.
<mental note> Make appointment with the head doctor soon :crazy:

you know... i've asked people about this before and i've had several people try to tell me they DON'T hear a voice in their head when they read and whatnot. i've never really believed that. for a while i wondered if part of the reason i read so slowly is because i have to say each word in my head for it to really sink in.

I do! Most all the time, really, but I also think it's a bit more pronounced if I'm reading fiction or anything that requires enunciation, or emphasis on a certain scene. I definitely "hear" the voice inside making it more entertaining for me.

Then again, maybe I'm just a ham. :albino: I don't think I'm as aware of it when skimming the newspaper or doing any kind of drier reading.

You guys only hear one?!??! How boring! I get all the characters when I read. Maybe you need to tune your antenna or something... :wink:

photobug said:
You guys only hear one?!??! How boring! I get all the characters when I read. Maybe you need to tune your antenna or something... :wink:

when i'm reading stories, yes i hear more than one, but it's always a variation of my own voice.

Even the un educated who claim to not hear voices still complain that someone's SHOUTING when they read All-Caps.

-My voices are better then your voices!

photobug said:

Never thought of that. When I read 'Puckoon' by Spike Milligan' I ended up putting voices to the different Irish characters in the book. It does make a more enjoyable read.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back