The Whole Series

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hope you pros don't mind me being here.

These are some of the other photos from the same shoot as my current piece up for critique here for anyone who's interested. Any comments are welcome. I'll do my best to recall the details of the shots.

stairs.jpg

Ilford SFX 200

ghost.jpg

Ilford SFX 200

reflection.jpg

Kodak Portra 160VC

bw-reflection.jpg

Ilford PanF

water.jpg

Fuji Neopan Acros (I can never get this one to display properly online for some reason).

water2.jpg

Fuji Neopan Acros

wall.jpg

Fuji Neopan Acros

Wow, I really admire your work. I love the reflection of the water in the third picture. Great job!

The black and white tones are incredible on these! My favorites are #2, #6, and #7. The sun kind of blew out a few spots in #5 and #6, but it really doesnt take anything away from the image. Very well done.

NJ

Not a fan of #1. The highlights bother me and she just doesn't fit well in the frame IMO.
#3: The colours seem washed out especially for Portra VC.

The rest are very nicely done, especially the last three. If you hadn't cropped the feet in the second last you would have nailed it, but still a great shot because the focus, lighting and DOF are bang on!!
Nice work!!

Not a fan of #1. The highlights bother me and she just doesn't fit well in the frame IMO.
#3: The colours seem washed out especially for Portra VC.

The rest are very nicely done, especially the last three. If you hadn't cropped the feet in the second last you would have nailed it, but still a great shot because the focus, lighting and DOF are bang on!!
Nice work!!

As for #1, that tends to happen when you shoot IR in bright daylight. And as for #3, it's processed lightly in PS (a very light high pass overlay, a slight boost in saturation, and a little USM. The reflection was a little more reflective on the neg). It's the style these days....And I'm well aware of the the feet.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

I only like the 3rd to last one. The other ones dont do much for me and the images dont pop they seem a bit dull maybe more contrast or that could just be my style. I just dont like the lighting and the positioning of the model in the other photos.

Strong photos. A lot of style for sure. The composition is on point The dresses are amazing. Where did they come from? Again. Excellent camera and of course film work.

Are you kidding me with the titles? What are you a film salesman? Jokingly of course.

Love & Bass

I am a film salesman for sure. None of them have titles b/c it was a TFP shoot. I like to mention the fact that all of my shots are on film. I think it helps demonstrate, at least for this particular purpose, that film and digital post processing aren't incompatible. And I just posted the names of the films in case anyone else who shoots it is curious. Think of it as EXIF ;)

Oh, and the dresses came from a vintage thrift shop that mostly specializes in formal and semi-formal clothing from about 1910-1950 or so.

1-4 seem too light for me... idk..
also number 3 her arms, face , hair seem awkward..

But over all good shots! I love the last 2.

Whoa! So you rented them? Or bought them? I mean to say that someone is an amazing stylist. Everything from the hair or to the costumes seems well thought out.

Love & Bass

1-4 seem too light for me... idk..
also number 3 her arms, face , hair seem awkward..

But over all good shots! I love the last 2.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "too light" ?

As for #3, it's a stylistic thing as far as I'm concerned. In these kinds of shots, models always have this look of awkward stoicism. This is a very muted version of that, which is ordinarily accompanied by rather uncomfortable posture. I'm sure you're familiar with the classic (and very awkward) hands on hips pose (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7689/2016/1600/oct04_04.jpg)

Whoa! So you rented them? Or bought them? I mean to say that someone is an amazing stylist. Everything from the hair or to the costumes seems well thought out.

Love & Bass

Well we had looked around and then gone over wardrobe over the phone beforehand, but she wanted to hang onto the dresses, so she actually ended up purchasing them. When we met for the shoot, she showed up with this enormous, fabulous wardrobe, which I selected from. She did her own makeup, and I took care of hair throughout the shoot. She changed in the building behind my canvas dropcloth that I use as a backdrop. It turned out to be a great shoot as far as on-location work goes. We're very good friends these days.

Lately, she's been mixing up her style a lot, and has recently gotten into the SI (Sports Illustrated) sort of look:
http://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/071015/15/4713c11cd43f3.jpg
http://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/071016/15/47150e3a35264.jpg

If she keeps it up long enough, she'll probably eventually start charging. Fortunately, we're close enough that I'll get free shoots either way. :)

Most reactions

Back