The Wildlife Photo MISSES Thread...

Here's one I re-discovered while going through some older photos this morning in (vain) search for the one someone wanted a print of:
This one is from this past February. I'd been taking pictures of a sparrow when a cardinal landed nearby. I went to take a picture of the cardinal, and the sparrow evidently did not like having the limelight taken from it…so it photobombed my cardinal shot. :lol:

$Feb_2_2013 (316)editweb.jpg

3 can play this game... haha

$poop2.jpg

interesting placement of watermark/logo
$poop1.jpg

Oh, WELL…if we're calling the poop shots "misses," I can play that, too! I would have called this one more of a "nailed it!" shot, though. :lmao:

June1_3023editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

On a side note: At the time, I didn't realize what I'd captured. When I saw this shot, it brought a whole new level to my fear of having a bird poop on my head while it was flying overhead. :lmao:

:biglaugh:You all are killing me. I can't wait to get home to join in this party. This could really help me sort through and delete the really almost crappy ones I am too lazy to deal with.

nice, yeah maybe I should change this to anything goes?

but really that was kind of my thought for the thread, to post interesting photos but just not really your favorites that you would normally post. ones that might be funny etc.

regardless, Its funny you say that, I not once have I been pooped on yet (knock on wood). and I have been in a few situations looking up on birds were it probably should have happened

Oh, WELL…if we're calling the poop shots "misses," I can play that, too! I would have called this one more of a "nailed it!" shot, though. :lmao:

June1_3023editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

On a side note: At the time, I didn't realize what I'd captured. When I saw this shot, it brought a whole new level to my fear of having a bird poop on my head while it was flying overhead. :lmao:

I will add this one from today:

was chasing this krestal around, and this was just too far away and terribly backlit, this was all I could do to bring out shadows, its looks pretty bad. I would really like to get some good photos of a wild krestal, I know were to find this one most of the time, but its just always blue sky background as he is high and on a power line most of the time.

$krestal1.jpg

We had been shooting three cheetahs just going about their business for about 15 minutes when this one strolled over right beside the car and showed what he thought of tourists by, well, doing his business.

$DSC_6959.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_2135_5.JPG

CameraNIKON D3100
Focal Length300mm
Exposure1/200
F Numberf/5.6
ISO3200

Beyond the clipped ears I think it turned out awful and I was a really disappointed with it. It was fairly low-light (shade), and the 55-300 was having trouble focusing. The high iso and relatively low shutter ruined the IQ. There's no crop on that pic I got pretty close. I was hoping for a really awesome detailed face shot, but got left with something that looks like I could take with my cell phone.

Curious Flamingo by The Braineack, on Flickr

I always liked this shot, the flamingo was very curious, but I hate I clipped the beak.

Last edited:
The first few are fails of trying to show off how friendly my pet goose is.

$DSC_2297.JPG
$DSC_2521.JPG
$DSC_2527.JPG

I fish a lot and sometimes those damn things just wont hold still, other times you get a shot and think WTF.

$DSC_0347.JPG
$DSC_0780.JPG
$DSC_3656.JPG
$DSC_0926.JPG

Here's one I re-discovered while going through some older photos this morning in (vain) search for the one someone wanted a print of:
This one is from this past February. I'd been taking pictures of a sparrow when a cardinal landed nearby. I went to take a picture of the cardinal, and the sparrow evidently did not like having the limelight taken from it…so it photobombed my cardinal shot. :lol:

View attachment 62034

hah, that's great. here's a photo bomb image of mine:
bird2_zps1c4a613b.jpg~original

Out of focus, motion blur, poor editing...

$osprey.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back