The world bathed in light...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...yesterday afternoon when the sun set.

119609106.jpg

(Camera set to "tungsten")

119609105.jpg

(Camera set to "cloudy")

Seems like "tungsten" is the better option for sunsets, don't you think so?
Anyhow, I left it set to "cloudy" for the remaining sunset photos...

Same tree, slightly different point of view - zoomed in:
119609103.jpg

Wide-angle view:
119609102.jpg

And then, as I went a bit further, the sky decided to become totally unreal! But completely! (It was like THIS!)

119609112.jpg

Panocrop since the bottom part became all black with these settings but here is a "view" of what it is that you see (and to show you that this was not taken in the tropics ;))
119609110.jpg

And one view in slightly the other direction:
119609104.jpg

Later I went back into the town where my daughter takes her ballet lessons (I have to kill one hour, that's how these photos come about) and took some new night shots, but I shall show those in another thread over in the General Gallery).

Interesting stuff, and I like what you did with the panocrop. It does have a "tropical hut" look to it! :lol:

Love those bare branches in #3. :thumbup:

Good stuff!

Monday's sunset was clearly nicer than Tuesdays sunrise, yet the "November Morning" pics seem to attract people more. Funny, that. We have seen too many sunsets by now, haven't we? Have they become too cliché? Might be... though the sky went all CRAZY for a while on Monday...

LaFoto said:
Monday's sunset was clearly nicer than Tuesdays sunrise, yet the "November Morning" pics seem to attract people more. Funny, that. We have seen too many sunsets by now, haven't we? Have they become too cliché? Might be... though the sky went all CRAZY for a while on Monday...

I think if we ever quit posting them, people would miss out. Not everyone is lucky enough to see such beauty. And you captured it nicely! I also think they are taken for granted because we see them so often. But, for those of us that continually try to capture them on film, you really begin to recognize their true beauty. Each one is different and beautiful in it's own way.

I'm also partial to the two that Terri mentioned :thumbup:

Neat shots. The colours are amazing. My faves are the last two.

these are great. i especially like the 2nd image. i love the "naked" tree

Raymond J Barlow said:
...so cool to see you having fun with PS...

No PS used for these, I only changed settings in my camera or exposed on either sky or ground to get some more detail (or tried to get both in one, which was difficult, and the sky colour came out all funny in the one that shows that carriage).

my favourite is the pan crop i love the silhouetted shape and the intense colours of the sunset

Awesome shots! my personal faves are the 5th and 7th... and 3rd too. I like the tungsten effect, it really gives some great color!
:thumbup:

Number five is my favorite. Lovely shots here. Good Job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back