The World Through One (Crappy) Lens - Game On! (Nikon Only)

This one member per month thing is getting old and boring, I've lost interest (and patience) for the project.

"T-town photographer" is the next victim, err... participant.

FYI:

His last activity on the site (T-Town) was 3/14...

Seems like a lot of the people in this project have just forgotten about it...

I would think you dont need the lens for more than a couple days, go out, shoot something, then send it on. I think it would be cool if the photo's had something to do with the town its in...then the photos would reflect where the lens has been, rather then trying to get the best award winning shot with a "crappy" lens.

just my opinion though.

Hahaha, with the pictures of it and some taken with it. Maybe someone decided it was not such a crappy lens after all. :lmao:

I'm still interested but not if I am going to have to pay 50$. I know it will be refunded, but I can't afford it really haha

This whole thing is beautiful :) Well, in the eyes of someone spectating and not the OP ;) This really brings out my creative senses. Great thinking! I too, think the town/state/country affiliation is a great idea!

If you think about it, unless you control its travels from close city to close city. It's going to take min 2 weeks to exchange hands. This is due to the fact to keep shipping costs down then lens will always be shipped slow boat. Especially if its crossing continents. Even though its going slow I think its a brilliant idea.

Since people are a visual progress thing. Maybe allow more than 1 pic. Maybe set up say 2 required pics and 2 freeform pics. Also limit the in hand time to 2-3 days! Some people are waiting for the perfect scene to shoot with. Traveling in country it should be trading hands every week.

Maybe it could be renamed the Crappy lens project and we introduce another of a different range. Or more than one. That way there is more visual progress (more pictures posted). The viewing public will appreciate that more. Also I suggest more of a description to go along with the pictures posted.

Think it's a great idea, just needs some tweeking, and more attentive participation. :thumbup:

I would be willing to kick in a nikon 50mm f/1.8 E lens for the project if someone likes the idea of more than 1 lens.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the cost of the intercontinental shipping brought this to a stand still. $10 people could foot the bill for. $50 is a different story.

I think think this may work better if it were more than one lens, one for each continent. And keep the shipping to fairly local moves only. No shipping cross country (in US). The time in shipping really puts a damper things.

Screw excuses, there aren't any. I'm really pissed about this - nobody was required to participate, and it doesn't have to cost $50 to ship it - I've shipped many items overseas and it can be done much cheaper. Even if it did the person receiving it should be well aware because of the sender's communication - if it's too much, PASS.

Ridiculous - I'm going to forget I ever started this project so it doesn't continue to be a thorn in my ass.

If it continues, cool - but right now I could really care less. This SHOULD have been pretty awesome - if only people who signed up had actually followed the very clear, easy to understand instructions.

If you can't afford to ship it - don't sign up, I can understand being broke but don't take things on if you can't follow through - simple as that. If you know you'll be broke when your turn is up, pass!

I'm not mad that I gave up a lens, I'm mad that there are probably some people who signed up that would have actually done their part and moved this along as intended. Time and time again people had it for weeks on end, it was never about how long the item took during shipping - only how long it took to get the damn thing sent off in the first @#$%ing place. It's not rocket science, get the lens, take a picture and send it off - done. How frickin hard is it? Would be easier to understand if this were a Legos forum and I had to explain how to mount the lens and press the shutter button.

@#$@#^@#^#$$#(%#@($) <- sums it up for me, I'm out.

Last edited:
It failed when people were required to send money to receive then lens. This project was initiated completely backwards as I stated early on. Whoever has the lens in their possession is the person that should be paying to ship to the next person. Then there really are no excuses. No waiting. Then only reason for delay is the current holder's laziness.

Can the next lense carrier please send me their address via PM?
Did you ever get a response?

Did you ship the lens off, or do you still have it?

How about sending it to Jackie if you still have it, that will keep the distance fairly short, then she can bounce it across the pond back to maybe someone on the west coast.

If shipping is done by proximity, then it would be faster/cheaper for people.

Yeah, if you have the lens, you pay to ship it to the next person.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back