ThePhotoForum.com Outage and Update/Lost Data

That seems to explain the sudden drop in the number of alerts I get. (Nothing for a week!)
Thanks for all the hard work on restoring things as much as possible.

If you are set to receive mail notifications of alerts/subscribed threads and such you should be receiving them. I started a private conversation with you and verified that our server did send out the email to sendgrid which is our relay, and they should relay it to you -- unless you have it blocked or going to the spam folder.

Please let me know.

I don't think I've posted enough to worry about losing data, but I do like the new design

If you are set to receive mail notifications of alerts/subscribed threads and such you should be receiving them. I started a private conversation with you and verified that our server did send out the email to sendgrid which is our relay, and they should relay it to you -- unless you have it blocked or going to the spam folder.

Please let me know.
Yes I got the email, but I don't usually subscribe to e-mail notifications - I typically check in several times a day & look at the notification bell. Up until a week or two ago there's usually been something flagged at least once a day, then a week or more with nothing. Restoring to an older archive could easily have that effect. Things have often been too hectic to look through recent posts properly - doing that will eventually get me involved in a new set of threads.
For the record I did get a notification of this thread being updated as well as the e-mail, so it looks to be working properly. :)

I work with cloud technology every day. I’m more than glad to assist and advise if you want a bulletproof disaster recovery setup. Not looking for money, just to help out.

I work with cloud technology every day. I’m more than glad to assist and advise if you want a bulletproof disaster recovery setup. Not looking for money, just to help out.

Thank you for the offer! I've been doing the hardware and hosting for hundreds of forums over the years (since 2001) and this is the first time anything like this has happened. /shrug --- just one of those flukes where 3 catastrophe's all hit at once.

Sorry, but I'm not going anywhere! Love this community, and this momentary glitch will pass soon enough.
Absolutely. This is my favorite photo site, and I'll deal with any problems. I don't store things online without backing up the images I really care about. No online site is perfectly reliable.

Thanks to the administrators for their efforts to make this a great place for photographers to meet and discuss our craft.

Not sure if this has been asked, but is the mobile app working?
Mobile app when the forum works well with the browser on a mobile device already?

hmm, this is bad dream ... also photos from albums are lost .. I think that this is end for a lot of users here ..
Not me. I've been running a "FREE" discussion forum (car related) for 20 years and know all too well that things like this can happen. Perhaps you can get a refund?

Been a little while since I had time to visit TPF. Figured I'd post a message to see if I get the auto notification when someone posts after mine.

Been a little while since I had time to visit TPF. Figured I'd post a message to see if I get the auto notification when someone posts after mine.
Did it work?

Hey John! I figured I would also help you test whether or not you still get notifications if someone quotes you ;)

Hey John! I figured I would also help you test whether or not you still get notifications if someone quotes you ;)
Me, too.

Is the forum no longer available on Tapatalk?

Most reactions

Back