There is an Idiot on this forum. Guess who.

Bryce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:(It's ME!:(

I had a speck on my sensor. The blower could not get it. I thought I would put on a long exposure and knock it with a Q Tip. WROOOOONG! I was too slow and the shutter closed down. Now the camera is broken and I have to get it proffesionaly repaired. Apparently there are some delicate parts on the shutter for speed and precision that break very easily. Also it puts the camera out of sync and the mirror stays up. Woe is me.

Sorry to hear about that....

A little too late, but there is a setting called "mirror lock-up".

How to Clean a Nikon D40 | eHow.com

Even if mirror lock-up was engaged, shutter curtains would still close after the exposure.

Sounds like BULB what he needed. But even then, I am not sure if a Q tip would succesfully do the job.

Nikons do have a special setting I just am not sure wich ones. I had a nikon lover see my camera a while back and he was trying to find the cleaning mode and could not believe I did not have a cleaning mode. That migh be part of the scales down in the D40
My Rebel has a setting in the menu for cleaning the sensor. I can't believe that Nikon wouldn't have the same?

This situation requires the READING OF THE MANUAL. Might prove costly but take comfort, you aren't alone on here. H

Mine too! ^^ Maybe it's a hoax. It says it's cleaning,b ut Meh... ?

:meh:

It locks up the mirror and opens the shutter so you can clean it with a sensor cleaning kit. But you knew that, right? It was just a clever joke? ;)

Some of the fancier, pricier models shake the sensor to clean it automatically. Mine, no so much.

haha.jpg

My Rebel has a setting in the menu for cleaning the sensor. I can't believe that Nikon wouldn't have the same?
The D40 dosen't have an sensor cleaner.

The new replacement for the D40, the D3000, does.

Most reactions

Back