Things a beginner need, and need to know?

The only thing you need when you start is a camera and a lens and until you learn the limitations of what you can and can't do with that you don't need a flash. When you discover a need for a flash then buy one. But there is too much to learn about composition and exposure to be worried about flash right now. At this point you wouldn't know the appropriate time to use a flash. Just my opinion and my experience.

Thanks everyone. I guess my brain is moving faster then my abilities at this point. All of your help is greatly appreciated. Sounds like I just need to slow the hell down. I'm trying to do too much, straight out of gate.

I've been reading sooooo much lately, that my brain hurts. LOL, really though. I have gotten headaches from sitting in front of this computer for hours on end just reading about photography. Everything I have been reading makes sense. So I think at this point, I need to get off the couch and go take some pictures. Apply what I have learned and see what comes out. Thanks again for all the inputs and advice. It really has helped.

Thanks for sharing, it’s always great to find new and useful resources.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back