Things I notice about photography,,,

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is personal and probably nobody else will be able to relate but I find it interesting.

At the moment I am remembering that, If I lose a picture in the camera or lose the negative and try to remake it. No matter how much I think I have repeated it exactly, it is never as good as the original.

The same is true with things I write.

For me, photography is about discovery, and to return to re-make a photograph that had a technical problem or I just missed the shot, whatever, would be for only one reason, to make a good photograph. And, that is never the reason for making photographs, for me at least.

Lets say you have a friend Jenny. She wants her picture made on an antique car. You go out and make the shots and one is just really nice everything works. Then she decides she was in the wrong dress. Im sorry if she asked me I would go back and try again. 99percent of the time it will be worse than the first one.

You can never go home again. (yes i stole that)

Photography is fickle. You shoot a piece that you think you like only to recognize that something is missing. It just is not quite right. It is okay but the print does not match the previsualization. The image does not connect with a memory. Something is growing out of someone's head. Etc.

Rusty Tripod

We're hopefully going to Chattanooga this week to the Aquarium (and maybe to see the choo choo but no spending money there; we're packing a lunch). Last time we went I took pictures with my P&S and some came out pretty good. I fully intend to take my camera and take pictures again, but I have no expectations of recreating the photos. I hope I can get some better shots.

I have shots at Rock City from two different visits with two different cameras and aside from it being the same place, it looks completely different (we won't have time to go there on this trip though). Seasons change; children grow; weather can't be controlled. There are far too many variables involved to recreate teh exact same picture.

The only time I lost images is when I deleted them.

geese I have lost files plenty of time and In my paper file cabinet as well as on the computer. I have six file cabinets and no filing system at all. Well sorta by date as I always put the newest one in front. They did get out of order when I went back in to reprint an order. But hell it made life interesting.

Another thing I notice.

I get this really great idea for a photograph... I take a roll of film. I go out and shoot a half dozen different angles and exposures, then I have a dozen frameS left. So I go blow them off somewhere close on something only a little bit interesting.

Almost without exception one of the blow off shots will be superior to what I carefully planned out to shoot. Not so with General Business Gigs, but with what I like to call inspired snapshot shooting, it is almost a law somehow.

BE SURE TO VOTE IN THE INDEPENDENCE DAY SHOOTOUT...

Most reactions

Back