Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon d7000
f/6.3
1/200 seconds
ISO400
50mm

$_DSC6326lateral.jpg

Portrait done in my home studio. Lighting scheme is as follows:
-Flash on tripod-through translucent umbrella left as main light.
-2 Light bulbs through translucent umbrella right as fill light.
-Flash after the model wall shot at full power to burn the wall.

$diagrama thinkforyourself.jpg

If you want to see more of this session you can do here:http://www.facebook.com/josecabrerafotografia

Thank you for posting it. I have learned something new today.

Looks good. Just curious: does the SOOC/color version look goofy due to the different colored light sources? I imagine it would, but I’ve never actually tried such a setup myself.

Looks good. Just curious: does the SOOC/color version look goofy due to the different colored light sources? I imagine it would, but I’ve never actually tried such a setup myself.

Having a tungsten filter on the flash helps, but I'm always still left with the challenge of figuring out the WB issue.

Just out of curiosity why would you not pull down your f stop instead of bumping iso?

I really like how you posted the set up for the shot. A lot of help and I appreciate it.

Nice shot!

Thanks for posting your light setup. Very cool.

Excellent lighting, sir!

Just out of curiosity why would you not pull down your f stop instead of bumping iso?
Sharpness.
DOF really isn't a concern when there's nothing behind the subject. 6.3 on a 50 1.4 or 1.8 is around the sweet spot for them.

Sharpness.
DOF really isn't a concern when there's nothing behind the subject. 6.3 on a 50 1.4 or 1.8 is around the sweet spot for them.

Sorry, but DOF is pretty big when it comes to headshots or portraits, even if there is nothing behind the subject.

Would suck to only have half of his face in focus due to shallow DOF, just saying.

Sharpness.

Sorry, but DOF is pretty big when it comes to headshots or portraits, even if there is nothing behind the subject.

Would suck to only have half of his face in focus due to shallow DOF, just saying.
Yeah... that's why it's 6.3....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back