Thinking about getting the Canon EOS 5d Mark II - HD Video feedback?

from what i've read about the video many people are unhappy with its rudimentary controls. I know it doesnt have AF and i believe it lacks a lot of specs compared to actual hd video cameras. I have the 5dm2 but have yet to experiment with the video as I really just got it for the pictures.

Canon did recently release a firmwire update which gives full manual video controls (ISO apperture etc..). The thing is its not going to beat a peroper HD video camera its not really trying to either - its a highrange DSLR for stills shots - which also happens to support a powerful video recording mode as well.

IF you are looking at something to do video, get a video camera. The video on the 5D Mk2 is a nice feature, but the technology on a camera is still new and thus working less than ideally.

I've heard similar things from others who have tried the video and its gotten luke warm reviews. Its an awesome camera for photographs though.

It's about the same as buying a phone but wanting a camera built in. There's a tool for the job. HD Video is a feature of this photo camera but don't think that it will compare to a dedicated video camera in any way. If it did I'd seriously be worried about the quality of the actual camera, and where a company is spending their budget. (which I am already).

Most reactions

Back