thinking of buying.

I don't think you were going to get a 30d for under a grand anyway, were you?

I see the 1way photo now, it's suspiciously cheap, and the name? 1 way? Yeah which way?
Apparently I've been mis-lead.

1-way photo has the 30D for $599
http://www.1wayphoto.com/products.asp?dept_id=10264&product_id=12336

Of course this is only the body, but it also says that the following is included:
included items:
• Battery
• Power supply
• CR2016 Lithium Battery (for Date/Time Functions)
• IFC-400PCU USB Interface Cable
• VC-100 Video Cable
• Eyecup Eb
• Neck Strap
• R-F-3 Camera Cover
• EOS Digital Solutions Software CD-ROM
• User's Guide
• 1-Year U.S.A. Limited Warranty

apparently shopcartusa:
(the site used to find 1 way photo) has a habbit of linking people to rip-off sites...

Almost all the reviews i've read about the sites they list are the same...

It's a shame considering thats the first thing that pops up when you do a google search.

Apparently I've been mis-lead.

1-way photo has the 30D for $599
http://www.1wayphoto.com/products.asp?dept_id=10264&product_id=12336

Of course this is only the body, but it also says that the following is included:
included items:
• Battery
• Power supply
• CR2016 Lithium Battery (for Date/Time Functions)
• IFC-400PCU USB Interface Cable
• VC-100 Video Cable
• Eyecup Eb
• Neck Strap
• R-F-3 Camera Cover
• EOS Digital Solutions Software CD-ROM
• User's Guide
• 1-Year U.S.A. Limited Warranty

I just don't get that. How can it be so much cheaper than known respected suppliers like Adorama and Amazon etc? They're all coming in at about a grand. Is it refurbished in the small print on the site "all stock is refurbished" so they don't say it on every item?

Anyway there's some purchase guidance for the 400d starting out on the other thread I posted earlier.

I just don't get that. How can it be so much cheaper than known respected suppliers like Adorama and Amazon etc? They're all coming in at about a grand. Is it refurbished in the small print on the site "all stock is refurbished" so they don't say it on every item?

Anyway there's some purchase guidance for the 400d starting out on the other thread I posted earlier.

Didn't see anything about cameras being refurbished. I got the impression that they're all new...But after reading the reviews I really dont want to mess with it.

Uhhhh Shouldn't you be saving lives? Not shooting in fire?
Not everybody on the fire ground has to go inside.

There are pleanty of times when you'll stand around for 5 minutes doing nothing. I'd rather be taking pictures instead of twiddling my thumbs.

You honestly think I'd put peoples lives in jeopardy to get a cool picture or two?...

and just incase anybody was wondering what type of pictures I've been taking feel free to check out our website:
http://34box.com/

you can go to News Archives, and than whatever month you want to see pictures/stories form calls we responded to.

That's made my mind up! Looking at your pictures and so many of them are shot in the dark I'd say scrimp on the extras and get the 30d. When you go beyond iso400 on the xti the noise gets horrible, in fairness I'm experienced with the 350d and not the 400d but for so many shots in the dark I'd pay for the 30d

The noise on the 350d is pissing me off more and more lately.

xti has more mp its lighter and smaller

I over all like it better

Now I use a 5d on ocassion and I hate to give it up.

For the money its a better deal.

ah, and one more question before I go...sorry if it's a little noobish, but I've never used a DSLR before.. Can you take videos with the 30d? and if you can dows the video quality with the 30D? Sometimes in the back of apparatus I like to make videos of us responding to call...Not that important to me, but I'm still curious.

Most reactions

Back