This is how I feel today.

Ron, hope your feel better real soon. I run a CVS drug store, so we're exposed to just about every currently active germ out there. I'm also a heart patient like you, so I just can't take what's out there for a cold, which fortunately I rarely get at my age. Nedi pots work great for any and all sinus condtions. Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold works wonders for heart patients as most doctors recommend it. Pseudoephedrine based products like Sudafed are the strongest over the counter meds for the common cold you can get. They do raise your blood pressure, so if you're taking HP medications, stay away from them. Best advice is if your cold lingers on, and or you're having difficulty breathing, call your doctor.

Last edited:
Carny said:
If it's in your sinuses neti pots work wonders, which is similar to what Derrel mentioned. When I start getting a sinus infection I add just a bit of listerine to it. Yes, it burns. Bad. But it will knock an infection out. I think it may even cauterize your sinuses, lol.

I thought they were encouraging people to stop using those pots because people we getting like brain eating amoebas??

I did read about two cases of that in Louisiana recently. You are supposed to use either distilled water or water you boil first.

Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get better soon. It is going around. My wife, who is pregnant with our second child, has bronchitis and a sinus infection. It sucks because she can't take much while pregnant.

I love the picture BTW.

Hope you don't have what my wife has...no fever, but she's been coughing up her lungs for about a week now. (She also is a heart patient.) Think she caught it at work, but who knows? Get yourself better real soon.

Agreed...a nice image. It captures the feeling.

Ron, feel better! I see that there is no daily macro thread today. Maybe tomorrow :)

Hope you don't have what my wife has...no fever, but she's been coughing up her lungs for about a week now. (She also is a heart patient.) Think she caught it at work, but who knows? Get yourself better real soon.

that's how I'm feeling. No fever or anything, but man I'm coughing alot. Got me some Robitussin last night, worked for a while, but woke up again arounf 3:30am coughing. Getting a little worried now, if I don't kick it by the end of the week may have to go see the doc.

that's how I'm feeling. No fever or anything, but man I'm coughing alot. Got me some Robitussin last night, worked for a while, but woke up again arounf 3:30am coughing. Getting a little worried now, if I don't kick it by the end of the week may have to go see the doc.

Meto & my head feels like a bag of pus.

Meto & my head feels like a bag of pus.

Sorry to report her coughing is heading into it's second week. Hope yours won't go that long. She's found extra strenth Mucinex does a good job (mostly). The good news is that I don't seem to be getting it....yet.

Ron, if you're heading into your 2nd, my advice is to call your doctor. Odds are if you're a regular patient, he'll call in two scripts for you to your pharmacy. A antibiotic and a decongestant. There is no sense suffering through this when some meds. will work

Ron, then follow the original advice I gave you. Also plenty of chicken soup isn't a bad idea. It's the fat content that helps sooth your throat. Since you have certain conditions, and it's hard to see your doctor, your local pharmacist can and will be able to assist you. Colds in general take about 9 days from start to finish.

Joel, it seems it is labeled Coricidin II Cough & Cold here in Canada. Verified by Pharmacist. Feeling better now without opening the package - maybe the Rum. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back