This is My First Post . Suggestions ?

Gibson .

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cosmetics-1.jpg

Well . . . What Do You Think ? Any Suggestions ? I Thought It Looked Interesting .

See a doctor? Ohhh, sorry you mean on the picture. To be honest, I don't see anything especially interesting. Technically it's not bad, although there is a slight yelllow cast and it could do with a perspective correction. Artistically, I get nothing from it. The use of selective focus and a wider aperture to allow for a more out of focus background might have helped.

One suggestion.....Don't take a picture of a prescription label with a name on it... It's a friendly forum, but it IS the Internet. Not wise.

It's cool to take pictures from weird angles, eh?

Unfortunately, they aren't usually that great. This is no exception. Sorry.

(Welcome to TPF!)

Take two aspirins and call me in the morning.

TBH, not very interesting subject matter. We all have ailments, but most choose not to be it out on the line.

Try getting outside and see what's around that interests you. I'm sure you have something to photograph whether it's snow or leaves or a little water feature.

I get what you're trying. Compositionally there seems little reason to keep so much empty space at the bottom of the image - what is the point of so much distance when the shot is clearly so intimate (both in terms of subject matter as well as proximity)? Get the top of the meds into the shot.

What are you capturing? The feeling of being sick? Or just sick of having to take certain meds? You're looking up at them, and it's slightly crooked. Are they intimidating? Daunting? Or is it just disorienting? Is the viewer supposed to feel disoriented? Think about what you're feeling (if anything) and try and capture that.

If you're not feeling anything (that's ok) but are simply intrigued by the designs, the colors, the shapes and feel of the materials, then create a shot to highlight that. Like the garish colors? Add some saturation.

Technically, your white balance is off. The image is quite green, but that can be easily remedied in an editing software like Photoshop or Aperture. It also seems slightly "soft" (a little out of focus) but that is probably because you hand-held this shot. If you want it all sharp (which is a creative choice, not a religion btw) then you could mount it on a tri-pod. You'll want a longer exposure with a smaller aperture. F8 should do the trick, low ISO, will probably be a looong shot (5 seconds?)

How about the same shot with some pills in the foreground? Mixed with some M&Ms? That might be an interesting message.

Keep plugging away, you're thinking creatively, and that's the funnest part. Keep coming back, and kudos for asking for C&C.

A lot more of what Iron said.

Also you might want to keep the file size to under 800x600 pixels to that the shot can be viewed all at once.

If you wanted the white balance to be off I would go noticeably over -not too much but enough to show I meant it.

Also the space at the bottom would be a great place for a Kleenex or a thermometer showing a fever.

You are off to a good start, don't look back. ;)

Most reactions

Back