This is so Frustrating!!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got the Canon EOS Rebel 2000 with a bag, neckstrap, 28-80mm lens and 11 rolls of 400 speed film for $25. My problem is that I cant figure out how to turn the thing off! The best I can do for now is take the batteries out. I asked the previous owner and he said he doesnt know because he has never used the camera more than once and he just turned it to <ISO> and left it that way in the bag because that was the only mode that he cold trn it to where it wouldnt move the shutter if the button was pressed. Everything works fine in the camera and it is in remarkable condition, likewise with the lens. I just cant figure out how to turn it off and the manual doesnt say. So, I have the batteries out for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone could suggest camera settings to go along with ISO 400 and straight sunlight to make sure I am getting good shots, that would be amazing. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Mark

I have done some researching online quick and it doesnt say anything about not turning off in any of the product reviews or anything. By looking at the pic, i think the iso setting is the off setting with the black box around the white letters. thats what the off setting looks like my elon 7. Not sure though, GL!

It very well could be the off setting and I dont understand, but it still shows the '400' (400 because thats the film speed I am using) on the LCD screen. Won't that still take away from the batteries? Well anyways, could anyone tell me some good settings for bright sunlight outdorrs with ISO 400?

Thanks.
Mark

my elan in the off pos still has the film can pic on the screen and my batteries last quite a while in there. CR123 batt arent cheap though. I thought i saw a rechargeable batt kit for that camera, i would google that and see what you find.

Well anyways, could anyone tell me some good settings for bright sunlight outdorrs with ISO 400?

Well, the settings suggested by the light meter built in your camera should be a good start.

The "L" with black background on command dialer between "P" and Auto is the turn-off setting. Check the manual of section Command Dialer. It says something like: If you're not using the camera, please turn the Command Dialer to "L" to prevent any excidentally operation. (Sorry, I don't have an English version of the manual.)

The exposure parameter for ISO400 under direct sunlight at noon is around 1/400s, F16 or equivalent. It's the rule of sunlight F16. However, why not believe camera's meter? It's much more accurate.

Most reactions

Back