This is the beginner's forum right?

I would like to point out that this thread is long, overly composed, and cluttered.

Recompose, simplify a bit, and try again, I know you all have it in you to say, this thread has been done before, how do I do it different next time so its good.

Not to say its not hilarious.

:p

I would like to point out that this thread is long, overly composed, and cluttered.

Recompose, simplify a bit, and try again, I know you all have it in you to say, this thread has been done before, how do I do it different next time so its good.

Not to say its not hilarious.

:p

Why are you so mean? Please don't give such harsh critique of this thread. We're trying our best, I mean, this is a beginners forum. Sheesh, be nice.

:er:

.......... Because, I've been here a long time, and I know I have rarely seen it myself.
All 11 months on them.

Hmm, and you know that I haven't lurked here longer? Or maybe posted under a different name, how? That has got to be one of the most ignorant statements made on this thread so far. I guess it's true what they say, about what happens when we ass-ume.

Is it better to know that the photo sucks for unknown reasons, than to maybe think that it's the bee's knee's? Hell yes!

This is where I tend to disagree.

There are many here who have no clue...me included.

When someone says the photo sucks and does not provide even one reason, that is not acceptable to me.
Tell me it sucks because of color, composition, focus, wrong aperture, etc... and now there is a reason it sucks. I do not have to like the reason, but give me some direction. If you provide me with a 'term' as part of the response, I can google it and try to find more info...I do it all the time

I am an expert in my field. One of the reasons I have the reputation I have is because I provide an answer. There are many times they are not happy with the answer, but they are always content they have a proper answer. And how do I know that? They keep asking. ;)

So, if one wants to say it sucks and not provide a reason, that person is just vindictive (that is my opinion).
If one does not want to provide an opinion, then do not respond.

I mean how hard is that????

One other issue that has already been mentioned, but I think deserves more ink.

This forum cover a lot of geographic territory, which is a really good thing. But, we are all different, and a response can easily be misconstrued just for that reason.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree there.
Where I'm coming from is this: The types of comments that I mentioned (calling a photo bad with no justification given) are actaully very uncommon around here, and while I don't necessarily agree that it's a good way to give C&C, and it's not how I do it myself, I still think these comments are not without purpose. For one, they can open the floodgates for other people who are too 'nice' to be the first one to hurt someones feelings to let their opinons be know as well. Secondly, these comments will often generate discusiion as to why the particualr photo is crap, to which the 'mean commenter' may choose to reply in more detail, or others may do so. Thirdly, a thread with lots of views and no replies tells the poster absolutely nothing whatsoever about their work - even if just one person says they don't like it for an undisclosed reason and then the thread dies then at least the OP is forced to take a bit of a harder look at their own work and wonder why the only person who bothered to post thinks it's rubbish.

Food for thought anyway.

Fokker

the jist of my comment was simply to provide a simple reason for the comment as to how bad one may think any shot is. It goes a long way to keeping the comments/ forum civil.

This portion of my comment is general in nature, and not directed towards any individual.

I have been around long enough (in life) to see what was once taught as respect of others to, lately almost completely be disregarded in favor of "do what I want regardless of others". The world seems to be heading toward a very 'distant place'. Yet it does not have to...

Hmm, and you know that I haven't lurked here longer? Or maybe posted under a different name, how?
Wouldn't that be cheating? One can only go on what is presented.
Gaerek

That has got to be one of the most ignorant statements made on this thread so far.
I've seen worse. Put your big girl panties on.

I guess it's true what they say, about what happens when we ass-ume.
Likewise, I'm sure.

.... fill out in triplicate and return to the to moderators of this site.

hurt-feelings-report.jpg

Some words of advice......This is the Internet... people are blunt... stay at this site, leave and find another... you'll run into the same thing. Its just the way it is.
lol! i wish we had these in tradoc. ds' would've had fun.

IMHO....all this time discussing this tired and boring thread would be better put to use telling use noobs we suck and and how to fix it. I don't care if your nice or not. Just someone end this thread please!!!!!!!

Hmm, and you know that I haven't lurked here longer? Or maybe posted under a different name, how?
Wouldn't that be cheating? One can only go on what is presented.
Gaerek

Cheating? Huh? You're the one trying to invalidate my post using join date as an argument. That makes as much sense as me trying to use post count as a way to invalidate your argument. That might have worked on the Internet circa 2002. You assumed that my join date represented the actual time I've spent here. You also assumed that join date has relevance to the original topic or my post (hint: It doesn't!).

That has got to be one of the most ignorant statements made on this thread so far.
I've seen worse. Put your big girl panties on.

Ahhh, the ad hominem attack. Still waiting for you to actually comment on the content of my post, and not my join date. It's cool to use gender as a way to put someone down, but I'm going to guess the females here probably won't like that. The fact that you've now attempted (unsuccesfully!) to attack me personally is very telling. :)

I guess it's true what they say, about what happens when we ass-ume.
Likewise, I'm sure.

I'm not the one making any assumptions here. Try again!

You missed the actual point of what I was saying. I didn't say it explicitly, but I figured you'd be able to see that I trying to show you that join date has absolutely zero relevance here or anywhere for that matter.

To summarize: Join date doesn't matter! Content does!

:addpics::addpics::addpics:

.........To summarize: Join date doesn't matter! Content does!
Aren't we testy tonight? I do believe this rebuttal is an affirmation of what the OP was concerned about in a covert manner. The way a thread can so easily derail by ego. Yours or mine, it does not matter. Someone has to get the last word in. It's not likely to be mine, but neither do I care. I suppose the right thing to do is take ownership and admit that I neglected to add a smiley at the end of my initial response of "All 11 months on them." :lol: My bad, does that help the boo-boo? As I mentioned earlier, one can only go on the facts as they are presented (in reference to join date), one can also make assessments on the tone and viciousness of ones' defensive rhetoric. It is a shame that some people have such a low knowledge, useage or understanding of satire. The fact you want to go on the attack with such a miniscule accelerant speaks volumes of your content and your (on-line) character. You, sir or madam, have nothing to offer of any great substance in my view if this is your best retort. Undoubtedly, I will match wits with better adversaries that can use a sharp tounge without the degradation of persona. However, sadly I must also admit that none of my comments in this thread have contributed any real significance to the topic. Perhaps I should just sashay off: exit stage left. Wheeeeeeee.............

Most reactions

Back