THIS is what photography is all about!

I didn't see anything that I wished I had taken, looked through about half and didn't like any of them not my cup of tea

So they used Corel or something else other than photoshop. Maybe Lightroom or DPP.

Last edited:
This proves once again just how many people are so literal minded that they cannot grasp even the slightest abstraction, metaphor or even a bit of hyperbole. These are the types that check each pixel, and fail to notice the picture is a painting!
;)

Some of these were pretty cool but many of them obviously had a lot of post processing so not sure what the "without photoshop" designation is supposed to signify.

I don't use PS ... so that means all my shots are great ?

Post processing does not necessarily mean you cannot be a real photographer ... heck, back in my film days we always manipulated the processing of the film and the print.

Some of these were pretty cool but many of them obviously had a lot of post processing so not sure what the "without photoshop" designation is supposed to signify.

no cut and paste, no merging, cloning removing etc. Post isn't PS'ing. Just thought that in that 100 photos that each person would find at least one they really liked. But in today's world, and the Millenial Mind (if such truly exists and isn't an oxymoron) to look at 100 photos is far beyond there attention span. A i pointed out above it also is beyond the Millennial Mind to grasp anything not of the most literal sort. Might as well lock this thread because I certainly missed my mark in posting it.

I am most definitely not a millennial, and I did look through all of them and liked many of them. There were several that I thought were outstanding, but... I'm confused by the whole "Photoshop but not Photoshop" thing... It was either used or not used, there's no gray area in the statement in your OP as far as I can tell....

Is it a safe assumption that each person that has visited this thread clicked on the link to look at any of the photos?

I am most definitely not a millennial, and I did look through all of them and liked many of them. There were several that I thought were outstanding, but... I'm confused by the whole "Photoshop but not Photoshop" thing... It was either used or not used, there's no gray area in the statement in your OP as far as I can tell....

Look it said none used Photoshop. I looked through them and no I didn't find ny obvious cut&paste. Which is what I think was meant as most people do not realize that PS can do much more than that. Extreme post editing seems obvious in some, but as you are well aware PS is just one of a myriad of apps that do that stuff. My liking, and maybe I wasn't clear on that was the compositions, viewpoints, general uniqueness. The thread title was purposely hyperbolic and meant to attract attention, but not to be taken seriously. Since any dammed fool knows that anyone who takes a picture is a photographer by definition (a shame such obviousness has to be spelled out though)

I repeat there are just to many people nowadays that cannot grasp anything but the most literal meaning of a sentence, or recognize humor above the Stooges. My bad for having too high of expectations. MY APOLOGIES everyone! Now go and hug your Teddies. ;)
p.s. that last paragraph was not aimed at you Tired!

no cut and paste, no merging, cloning removing etc. Post isn't PS'ing. Just thought that in that 100 photos that each person would find at least one they really liked. But in today's world, and the Millenial Mind (if such truly exists and isn't an oxymoron) to look at 100 photos is far beyond there attention span. A i pointed out above it also is beyond the Millennial Mind to grasp anything not of the most literal sort. Might as well lock this thread because I certainly missed my mark in posting it.

How do you know there was no merging, or cloning, or removing? You don't. You assume there wasn't because the article says there wasn't, but I highly doubt they even bothered to find out. This looks to me like the typical "listicle" round-up of images from around the web. Were there some great images there, sure. I rather enjoyed the majority of them, but I wouldn't consider them the "100 greatest no PS photographs". BTW, if you use Photoshop (notice the word "photo" right in the name) that doesn't mean it's just graphic art. Also, if you check you'll see that Lr is referred to as "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" in exported image exif data. ;) Beyond that I find the original post a bit inflammatory, as clearly others have as well.

Are you familiar with the work of Jerry Uelsmann? Clearly not I'd reckon. Check out his work, keeping in mind that it was done in the darkroom, and is considered to be photography, not graphic art.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back