This is what we call "satire". Another self-portrait. C&C.

TheMightyGoat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
P1040084c.jpg

Thematically it's good, but in terms of lighting it would benefit from some light on the left side of your face. Also, the weapons on the wall could stand a little light. And finally, you seem a little soft. I assume this was a long exposure with available light, so sitting still for a second or longer is difficult - I know, I must have a hundred self-portraits that have slight motion blur.

Thematically it's good, but in terms of lighting it would benefit from some light on the left side of your face. Also, the weapons on the wall could stand a little light. And finally, you seem a little soft. I assume this was a long exposure with available light, so sitting still for a second or longer is difficult - I know, I must have a hundred self-portraits that have slight motion blur.

The picture was taken in a narrow closet, so I had two options: Light straight ahead of me, or light at a 90 degree angle to me (coming in from the doorway). I set a lamp up in the doorway to take the shot. But, yes, it was still a long exposure, and it's not sharp.

I'm curious though if anyone can tell where I've edited this picture. It's actually comprised of two images I took, because I liked certain aspects of two different shots. So I combined them together (and they were even shot at different ISOs). Does it show?

Most reactions

Back