What's new

This litte piggy...

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
2,591
Reaction score
375
Location
Barnsley, Oop-Nooerth, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking for some ideas of what toshoot last night. Then I picked a piglet from the shelf, dusted it off, and set about it with the nifty fifty.

Funny, but glass is see through...makes for interesting times. Then once I had it in PS, I looked at the gold flower, I looked at the largly colourless piglet, and thought..."I know no one likes it, but I'm gonna do a selective colour jobby on this!"

And so I did...


Piglet by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

What do you think?
 
That is so cool! I really like it! Does your daughter like Piglet? If she does you should print it out and frame it for her room! I would if I had taken that!

I like the selective color - it works here IMO! And it doesn't look like a typical selective color image because of the glass!
 
That is so cool! I really like it! Does your daughter like Piglet? If she does you should print it out and frame it for her room! I would if I had taken that!

I like the selective color - it works here IMO! And it doesn't look like a typical selective color image because of the glass!

Thanks. It's actually some crystal models I bought the wife many years back...she likes the original Pooh stuff more than the Disney stuff.
I may print it and see how it goes...perhaps do a series as we have other crystal...:)

Cheers.
 
Bend The Light said:
I was looking for some ideas of what toshoot last night. Then I picked a piglet from the shelf, dusted it off, and set about it with the nifty fifty.

Funny, but glass is see through...makes for interesting times. Then once I had it in PS, I looked at the gold flower, I looked at the largly colourless piglet, and thought..."I know no one likes it, but I'm gonna do a selective colour jobby on this!"

And so I did...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bend_the_light/6273440745/
Piglet by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

What do you think?

Underneath the head and behind the back looks a lot different the the rest of the figure. Do you see it? I didn't. Otice it at first!
 
Sorry about the typos. My phone is acting weird so I'm typing on an invisible keyboard and it's not showing me what I'm typing.
 
Bend The Light said:
I was looking for some ideas of what toshoot last night. Then I picked a piglet from the shelf, dusted it off, and set about it with the nifty fifty.

Funny, but glass is see through...makes for interesting times. Then once I had it in PS, I looked at the gold flower, I looked at the largly colourless piglet, and thought..."I know no one likes it, but I'm gonna do a selective colour jobby on this!"

And so I did...


Piglet by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

What do you think?

Underneath the head and behind the back looks a lot different the the rest of the figure. Do you see it? I didn't. Otice it at first!

Do you mean his SCARF? It's sort of frosted in real life. :)
 
Ok - makes sense! Figured the glass was different there.
 
Interesting shot. The selective color is fine, but the vignette is killing me, especially where it encroaches on the figure and obscures parts of it. I think it would be better to do a very subtle darkening around the edges (if someone who doesn't know it's there sees it right away, it's too much) which will direct attention towards the center even if it doesn't register consciously with the viewer.

I would also crop the right side and make it more or less square. I don't see how the empty space helps this. The figure itself is very asymmetric, so centering it in the frame would be OK.
 
Interesting shot. The selective color is fine, but the vignette is killing me, especially where it encroaches on the figure and obscures parts of it. I think it would be better to do a very subtle darkening around the edges (if someone who doesn't know it's there sees it right away, it's too much) which will direct attention towards the center even if it doesn't register consciously with the viewer.

I would also crop the right side and make it more or less square. I don't see how the empty space helps this. The figure itself is very asymmetric, so centering it in the frame would be OK.

Thanks for the in-depth critique...one I will re-work or re-shoot.

Thanks
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom