This one is extreme. Just practicing the unusual.

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to give this depth and use the lines to lead to the subject.
It's just a subject that I am practicing with when I get unusual light.
Anyway thanks for checking in.
LS6
RLJxPvc.jpg

Well done!

This gives me an idea......….

Thank you fellas.
I just wanted to say that this was a hard shot to get. I wasn't happy with the one before this.
I waited until later in the day as the sun was going down and hoping that the light would hit the web in a way that it danced on the web.
I didn't plan this. It was just the way the light hit the web and really the entire image.
I had hoped the wind would die down a bit, and it did, but not completely.
Parts of the web split the light spectrum because of the way the light was hitting the web. And some of what you see here is partly because the web was moving slightly in the wind.
The left side of the image looked like a funnel to me, that the subject had fallen down. I felt like this composition lent itself to depth because of the lines drawing inward.
I attempted to use the rule of thirds here, unconventionally. I do not know how successful I was in this attempt, or even if anyone noticed. I've often seen the rule of thirds composed as such that the subject matter is either to the far left of the image frame, or far right, in photos like this. Never dead center. So , unconventionally, I approached this as a landscape, rather than a spider, while using rule of thirds.

I think of my subject matter as a once in a lifetime event, no two are the same, or captured the same.
She gave me this. Though frozen in time, I hope she lives long and a full life cycle.
I probably shouldn't have fed her to my pet Geco.

I'm just kidding. I wouldn't do that.
Always leave em laffing.

You all stay safe during these unusual times.
LS6

Most reactions

New Topics

Back