No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Riccar-style:

MG_8284_853x1280_.jpg

Please point all the mistakes in this photo so that everyone can learn how to NOT take a photo that sucks....

I'm trying to work up a series of inanimate object with facial expressions. There's been a commercial or two on the TV that was an inspiration. Do you notice the top center of the image? That's what I'm after.

You photo, on the other hand, is a different kettle of fish.

Cant really make vacuum photo exciting, but for starters I think the shot is overexposed and also the background with the door or stairs are quite distracting.

I suggest changing the angle of the shot and also placing the vacuum in the working position with some dirt in front(or could put a lot of dirt and the vacuum cleaning making a clean path); this way the picture will tell a story rather than just a snapshot of a vacuum in the middle of the room which usually tends to be boring. Also playing with light might help a little as it seems flat, maybe crank up the saturation a bit.

You might want to try taking a shot from the floor looking up making the vacuum look grande with some plastic soldiers aiming for the vacuum :). I think the DOF would look wicked.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but the vacuum doesn't even look clean. Maybe it's just the way the light is reflecting, but especially the bottom part- it looks dusty. Maybe you were going for the rugged, go anywhere look???

I love this shot!! The curvy sexy lines captivate me! :greenpbl:

Wow I can't believe you use a Riccar. Bissels are way better. Better attachments, hoses, just much better equipment. I guess what they say is true, its the vacuumer and not the vacuum.

haven't seen you for a while, AgentDrex. Were you part of the Navy Seal Team 6 Ops or something that you had to be away? Anyway, good to know you are back. And your photo? Yeah, the title says it all. But I like the creativity, the color is so vibrant, fantastic background, composition is way above all those who post photos here. Sell this to Nat Geo. They pay big bucks, man....

Welcome back...:thumbup:

Last edited:
Not sure why people make threads that say their image sucks, then post it. That shot would have been deleted in cam and never made it off my card.

Not sure why people make threads that say their image sucks, then post it. That shot would have been deleted in cam and never made it off my card.

I'm hoping you realize this thread is a joke.......:sexywink:
If it's not.....the jokes on me!!

Well, if it was ... wasn't very funny, sort of looks like all of his images lol :sexywink:

Agent, I've missed you. :meh:

Most reactions

Back