This site is falling apart..

drugs.jpg

One more reason to stay nice and 'medicated', lol!

Seriously though, I never touch the stuff anymore... Just beer & wine these days. I think the drugs were probably safer though...

At one time or another, I've tried (at least once) pretty much any drug you can think of... Yeah - any drug you can think of, lol.

And I have to say - nicotine is harder to kick than coke or heroine...
That **** is easy to quit - you just don't do it anymore. I can't quit smoking though... Somehow, I just can't ... not yet anyway...
(Don't worry, that stuff was a long time ago and I haven't touched an illegal substance in years - but I do think that some of the legal ones are worse...)

Caffeine was harder to quit than I expected, but I did it. The occasional cup of tea is the one caffeine I drink. Maybe 2 or 3 cups a week...

Alcohol and tobacco ... so far they're winning. Tried and failed a few times...

I think it's time to start a new thread:

This thread is falling apart..

When you do drugs & alcohol, especially drugs, you always lose, and lose, and lose.

seriously it cracks me. up. its sad i have only been here a few yrs but my has there been changes. 80% of this site must have went out, bought a slr, and came on here and said hey ''im bob the Professional photographer'' i mean im by no means the GREATEST ever but seriously. 90% of threads i open are snap shots my 10yr old brother could take at BEST. and then these people are leaving mean degrading feedback to other new comers.. this whole site actually no this hole photography thing is going down hill is so saturated with wannabes and crap talkers it makes me sick..

after reading some feedback i will tell you this and please just listen

If you have a camera and like to take pictures TAKE THEM, take advice from those you trust, keep practicing, and dont go buying 100's of dollars in stuff until you learn your basics. cause the GOOD ADVICE here is surely disappearing.

i mean mods like cory, Lafoto,members like chiller, etc,etc have to hear where im coming from or maybe i just missed something well i was gone a few months. sorry for my rant but im honestly mind blown by some stuff on here now.

Wait... why do you care what other people do? :D

Sorry, I just had to. ;)

Anyway, this comes up constantly here. Every 3 months or so I think, though it's harder to tell now since I only bop in here periodically now.

Keep in mind that some part of it seems to be attached to the person who complains getting better or more experienced, so they are more aware of the not-so-great behaviors and photography and more alarmed by the same reactions that likely they didn't notice before.

I found this forum because it was at the top of the Google search engine. Another site I belong to has pretty much zero "what kind of camera is best for me?" I think the search rankings have a lot to do with the steady flow of repeat questions from us noobs.

I remember how proud I was when I posted my first pictures. Now, I am embarrassed by the point and shoot pics. So, I decided to keep my internet mouth shut, pick up the camera and just sit here and read. This site has led me to other sites and learning portals and I enjoy visiting this site for the social aspect of it.

I post my pictures on another site for C&C as I found the discussion to be more technically oriented.

Ok, so I am new to this site, and relatively new to photography. I am by no means a pro. I do not consider myself one. When I critique, on this site or the other I am a member of, I try to tell what I like, what works for me, what doesn't work for me, why it does or doesn't work, and maybe a way to change it. I try NOT to keep it at "great shot" unless the whole thing works for me. So yes, I nitpick a little. And I am worse on my own stuff then everyone elses. Nothing I post is perfect, I just thought it was good enough to post. Tell me how to make it better. C&C isn't and shouldn't be rocket surgery. What's good, what's bad, why is it that way, and ideas to improve it. Even a noob can give good advice. Most of the people on a site like this are going to be non professional with a varying degree of experience. If you say it sucks but do not give a reason why, it doesn't help anyone. It means your c&c sucks.

I post my pictures on another site for C&C as I found the discussion to be more technically oriented.
You can get that here too, you just have to separate the crap from the helpful stuff.

Posting in the right section helps too...

Post in the beginners section, you're going to get mostly beginners critiquing your work...

If that's all you want, go ahead - if you want something a little more technical and to the point, post in the appropriate section. Those areas of the forum get less traffic, so you might have to wait longer for useful replies, but as long as you're OK with waiting a day or two (and maybe a little bump here and there) - it's fine.

Ok, so I am new to this site, and relatively new to photography..

Sad that even considering your newness, you still chose to become a supporting member of the site and fed money to the people who are the ones responsible for its demise.

Sad that even considering your newness, you still chose to become a supporting member of the site and fed money to the people who are the ones responsible for its demise.

What's wrong with supporting something you participate in?

The answer is in the sig of the person you are replying to.
"**I would never pay money to TPF to be a supporter as the owners do not support their users. **"

this is why i have always liked you.. these people who bought this site DO NOT CARE ABOUT IT.. they care about the money your feeding them..

In some cases, its throwing away money. If the money given would be going back into the site, then its all good. But in this case, the money goes into the owner's pockets, nothing but broken promises coming back to the community

Most reactions

Back