This site is falling apart..

yo.jpg

To the OP...Stay out of the beginners section if you dont want to read what BEGINNERS are posting.

im a beginner and understand about people taking snapshots and calling them photos, but they're beginners. I personally never post in other sections unless its a compliment because i'm no one to give profressional advice.

It's put me off of posting pics here. I do make my living doing photography. I do more art and stock now. It seems not all, but a lot of photogs just love to nit pic and try to point out everything "they" would different as wrong. To me photography is an Art. Some people will get it, and love it. Some people will hate it. If you are able to sell your work, or even if you just enjoy looking at then it's not "wrong" I do wish people would learn to point out good things along with things they would change. Not just tear apart someones work.

Just because you point out the flaws you see or what you would do differently, doesnt mean you are ripping something apart. Are we all hippies here?

Seriously... if i post a photo and get 20 replies and everyone is pointing things out they like and nothing else, what have I learned? Not much.

Now what if 5 of those people take the time to tell me what they dont like and what they consider is wrong. Ah...now I have 5 other opinions of something I can do differently. Now we are making progress.

Now what if 5 more people actually take the time to not only point out what they consider flaws but also how they would go about doing it differently... now I have actual ideas of things to try and do differently.

I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Beginners here are not doing art. They are trying to get a decent photo. Once someone has progressed passed the basic technical and composational skills of taking and making an image, then you can look at it as being art...when things are done on purpose to achieve a look or emotion. But until then, its all learning and being a hippy and making nice nice with everyone is not helping anyone grow as a beginner photographer.

There were way back when sections for advanced, pros, working pros and so on where interesting discussions happened. But that was then and this is now.

If having people tell you they dont like your work, how they would do it differently and nit pic on small details (which are often the easiest things to overlook and yet, can make such a difference) gets you all worked up, then dont post them up!

Your work is great. If you dont think you will get any added value by people nit picking your work and commenting on the small details (which I often find are the hardest things to spot), then there are forums for more advanced people you can head to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you point out the flaws you see or what you would do differently, doesnt mean you are ripping something apart. Are we all hippies here?

Seriously... if i post a photo and get 20 replies and everyone is pointing things out they like and nothing else, what have I learned? Not much.

Now what if 5 of those people take the time to tell me what they dont like and what they consider is wrong. Ah...now I have 5 other opinions of something I can do differently. Now we are making progress.

Now what if 5 more people actually take the time to not only point out what they consider flaws but also how they would go about doing it differently... now I have actual ideas of things to try and do differently.

I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Beginners here are not doing art. They are trying to get a decent photo. Once someone has progressed passed the basic technical and composational skills of taking and making an image, then you can look at it as being art...when things are done on purpose to achieve a look or emotion. But until then, its all learning and being a hippy and making nice nice with everyone is not helping anyone grow as a beginner photographer.

There were way back when sections for advanced, pros, working pros and so on where interesting discussions happened. But that was then and this is now.

If having people tell you they dont like your work, how they would do it differently and nit pic on small details (which are often the easiest things to overlook and yet, can make such a difference) gets you all worked up, then dont post them up!

Your work is great. If you dont think you will get any added value by people nit picking your work and commenting on the small details (which I often find are the hardest things to spot), then there are forums for more advanced people you can head to.

There's where my sig G. Patton quote rolls out.

I think every interests forum is expanding year by year as more people are learning and getting on the internet every day. I am new and every since I came here, I've seen more and more people signing up every day. Why not embrace that more people are taking up photography as a hobby instead of doing negative things like drugs, partying or etc?

I do agree that there are some people who keep posting snapshots and they know it's not that good but they just want people to see their photos. Everybody is different on how they learn to do things. I personally don't post my photos if I dont' think it look good to me but when I take some that I think it's pretty cool to me I will post it. Then people will point out my flaws that I didn't notice and I use those advice to improve. I do think though that there are a lot of people posting so many snapshots and some people are tired of responding and giving comments on it.

Anyways who care, people have the rights to do what they want. This forum is a fun pass time forum for me to read and learn.

Since when are drugs and partying negative things?! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back