This weather --VENT--

gennatay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thelifeamateur.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody else waiting for warmer weather so they can get out and take pictures? I received the great gift of a DSLR and I can't even get out to actually use it. I have taken so many pictures of my husband, son and cats now that they all run away when they see the lens come off the camera.

What do you do when the weather's too cold to go out and shoot?

Just cause it's cold doesn't mean you can't shoot the outside. Bundle up with hot coco, grab your tripod and camera and go snap some photos!

I'm out every day regardless... I don't wait for summer, I take advantage of the new scenery, sometimes it's rather magical.

Sure, there are days where it's just awful - but if it's 10 above or warmer chances are you'll find me walking around somewhere.

Light Artisan 5709 by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr

Light Artisan 4381 by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr

Light Artisan 3958 by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr

Turbine Sunrise by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr

Light Artisan 6490 by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm out every day regardless... I don't wait for summer, I take advantage of the new scenery, sometimes it's rather magical.

Sure, there are days where it's just awful - but if it's 10 above or warmer chances are you'll find me walking around somewhere.

I hear ya --- tonight I was driving to Best Buy -- came out and behold there was this beautiful sunset occuring. I snapped photos - posted them in this forum (Sunset tonight)... cursing myself that I didn't grab my camera when I was walking out the door!

I dress warm then go outside and shoot anyway.

Last winter I got shots of these guys surfing in a snowstorm in January on Lake Michigan near the upper Peninsula. It was 10 DEGREES BELOW zero with the wind chill:
Sub-Zero_Surfers_8916.jpg

I dress warm and go out and shoot:
Moon_Shadow_2600.jpg

Charlevoix Light_2759.jpg

Winter_Scene_1626.jpg

Indian_River_8641.jpg

Now stop making excuses.

Dress warm.

Go out.

SHOOT!

;)

Former MI resident, Dearborn and Wyandotte....yes I recall months of no sunlight. :)

Former MI resident, Dearborn and Wyandotte....yes I recall months of no sunlight. :)
Small world!

I lived across the street from the Yack Arena on Sycamore in Wyandotte from the time I was 8 till I was 13 They were building it when we moved there. It was there, at 10 years old, that I got my first camera.

I moved away in 1986 or '87, don't remember Yack.....then again, my memory isn't what it used to be :D

OH WOW!! I am truly inspired. 17 degrees and flurries tomorrow..so what. I want, no need to shoot.

I don't think it's ever been too cold to go out shooting here. Sure there are times I'm too lazy to go out, but if its cold I just gotta toss on a scarf and mittens before I head out. You can get some stunning shots with winter scenery. If you are concerned about your equipment..just hit up google for some tips to keeping your gear safe in the colder temps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back