Thought I hit the jackpot...

Yes he will. He's just trying to lull you into a false sense of security!

I remember when I growing up, we had a Commodore 64 with a 300 baud modem. The first inklings of an internet was a messaging program that took us about 5 mins to log into where we could talk to our buddy. A single line of green text on a completely black screen. You hit enter, several minutes later, they would receive that line of text. And we would say things, wow, this is soooo cool. Amazing. Neat-o. We were "connected" to someone else via computer. Ha Ha

Yep. Commodore 64K was my first computer, the year I got married. I didn't have anything fancy like a 300 baud modem, though. :lol:
I remember thinking, "64K!! That's more space than I could ever possibly fill up!" HAHAHA!!

I remember when I growing up, we had a Commodore 64 with a 300 baud modem. The first inklings of an internet was a messaging program that took us about 5 mins to log into where we could talk to our buddy. A single line of green text on a completely black screen. You hit enter, several minutes later, they would receive that line of text. And we would say things, wow, this is soooo cool. Amazing. Neat-o. We were "connected" to someone else via computer. Ha Ha

Yep. Commodore 64K was my first computer, the year I got married. I didn't have anything fancy like a 300 baud modem, though. :lol:
I remember thinking, "64K!! That's more space than I could ever possibly fill up!" HAHAHA!!

LOL that's what I always say about our iPhones at work (our team keeps track of company mobile devices).... "No way will anyone ever need 64GB of memory on their phone!"

I might have to bookmark this page to come back and read in about 20 years. If the internet as we know it still exists, that is :)

Does anybody remember those digital cameras that used a 2 1/4" floppy instead of a memory card?

I can only remember seeing one once, a guest at my sisters wedding had one.

Mike, yeah, that was actually the very first digital camera I used. We bought one where I worked at the time. And we thought it was about the coolest thing since sliced bread!

I had to google "side rule". I think we used those for drawing circles in elementary school. I had no idea how they were supposed to be used though lol

I had to google "side rule". I think we used those for drawing circles in elementary school. I had no idea how they were supposed to be used though lol

Jess.. you just severely made me feel very OLD! I was using them in high school.. think I still have one packed away.

I too had the TRS-80. 16K of memory and the cassette drive. The amazing thing was you good do real work with 16K. Scripset{?} for word processing and VisiCalc for spreadsheets.

That does make me an old man doesn't it. LOL

I remember VisiCalc. Word processor was Wordstar and DataBase was dBase. I ran CP/M (with Z-80 processor add-on card) on Apple II plus.

Great thread...sorry I'm late to the memories!

CP/M...Z80's..."Trash-80s" (TRS-80s)....8 inch floppies....great stuff (back then)!

I discovered an 8" floppy disk cleaning old stuff the other day...was like a frisbee! And, if I recall, it held a whopping 250Kb! It was a world which measured everthing in KB versus MB (or GB)!

(Ok...I've successfully dated myself. )

For more memories check out: How to start with CP/M

Jess.. you just severely made me feel very OLD! I was using them in high school.. think I still have one packed away.

Ahhh, sorry. If it makes you feel better, I feel young and uninformed!

I work for AOL... I won't report you though :)

LOL. I don't think i'd even still use AOL even if it were free! I didn't even know AOL even existed!

Ha, that was exactly my response to "I work for AOL" --- What? AOL is still around?!?! Lol

So, seriously...AOL is still operating? ;)

We still offer a paid internet platform? W.T.F?

Yep, still around. Main HQ is located in Northern VA, with offices in NYC, Palo Alto, Baltimore, and a few in Europe. Now-a-days the company mostly does advertising. The latest venture is Patch. It's uber-local news/reporting. If it takes off, it'll be pretty cool.

Most reactions

Back