Thoughts on a moon shoot?

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot this last night as the full moon rose above a silhouetted tree from among some clouds. This is two seperate shots merged to maintain the clarity in the moon itself. Let me know what you think.

4833189641_9fce229d9c.jpg

I love it!

It is simply won-der-ful!!!

My daughter is equally ecstatic about this photo and would love to have it on the wall of her room postersize!

Looks good fokker, I want to get something similar but I want the foreground suitably exposed, maybe 3 shots composited, moon, clouds and land/water perhaps.

Any chance of a larger version?

Wow, great stuff :) It seems that the moon may be just a teeny tiny bit too bright in comparisson to the closest portion of cloud, but maybe its just me / my taste hah... This is much more interesting that just a straight up moon shot :D

Awesome! I can almost see the world on the moon!
And the clouds like a open mouth about to swallow the moon~~~~~
Would you mind sharing your photo info?

Thanks for the comment LaFoto- though to be honest there is a bit of noise and artifacts in the photo that may not look so good blown up to poster size.

Here is a bigger and slightly edited version Rob:

4833343779_c31e836eca_b.jpg

Still got to get rid of some noise and get rid of some of the banding in the sky that appears when I convert from Tiff to jpg.

May I please at least steal the bigger version from my screen? Pretty-please?

Awesome! I can almost see the world on the moon!
And the clouds like a open mouth about to swallow the moon~~~~~
Would you mind sharing your photo info?

Shot with canon 70-200 2.8 IS on canon 40d
ISO100 115mm f/6.3 2sec for the main shot
ISO200 200mm f/5.6 1/250 (handheld) for the moon shot which was then superimposed over the blown out moon in the main shot using photoshop.

May I please at least steal the bigger version from my screen? Pretty-please?

Yeah sure - like I could stop you even if I cared :lmao: I pretty much give up the right to care about people stealing my photos the moment I post them un-watermarked on flickr.

Ahh thats better Fokker, very nice capture, the tree is a little too dark though for me (or not enough contrast between the shilohette of the tree and the sky perhaps), but you nailed the moon and cloud.

You're making me want to go out into the cold and get the shot I am after haha, I have been thinking about a local composition but I just cant think of anything that will align properly. Probably overthinking it as per usual.

Youd be able to get some awesome star trails where you are with the low light pollution I am guessing?

Yeah, on a clear night out here you can just see forever into the galaxies, it's amazing. I have been meaning to do some star trails and really should before I move in a few weeks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back