What's new

Thoughts on Kenko 1.5x MC-7 or 2x non-Pro?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was thinking about getting one of these to use my 80-200/2.8D for better bird watching and such, as well as hopefully my Sigma 180/3.5 for better buggin'. Any thoughts on the quality of these two?

Mark
 
I've never heard of "Non-Pro"; Kenko has a reputation as decent equipment. That's likely where I'd go, as well as because a 2x TC is just too much of a hit on the old maximum aperture.
 
I have the 1.5x and the 80-200 f/2.8. And I really don't like the combination. There is a noticeable drop in sharpness. It's not horrable, but noticeable. I find just cropping in produces better color and sharpness. I also have a 2x extender from someone else that is a paperweight. If I were to get another one, it would only be the Pro one.
 
I suppose I should have said Kenko in the title. That would have made sense. I meant the Kenko 2x, not the Pro300 version of it. That's what I meant by non-pro. :lol:

That being said, what are your thoughts on those?

@benhasajeep: Is there any way you could show me that? A photo with the combo, then the same photo without the TC and just cropped?

Thanks again!
Mark
 
Bumpp.

Mark
 
And once more..

Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom