Thoughts on Kenko 1.5x MC-7 or 2x non-Pro?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was thinking about getting one of these to use my 80-200/2.8D for better bird watching and such, as well as hopefully my Sigma 180/3.5 for better buggin'. Any thoughts on the quality of these two?

Mark

I've never heard of "Non-Pro"; Kenko has a reputation as decent equipment. That's likely where I'd go, as well as because a 2x TC is just too much of a hit on the old maximum aperture.

I have the 1.5x and the 80-200 f/2.8. And I really don't like the combination. There is a noticeable drop in sharpness. It's not horrable, but noticeable. I find just cropping in produces better color and sharpness. I also have a 2x extender from someone else that is a paperweight. If I were to get another one, it would only be the Pro one.

I suppose I should have said Kenko in the title. That would have made sense. I meant the Kenko 2x, not the Pro300 version of it. That's what I meant by non-pro. :lol:

That being said, what are your thoughts on those?

@benhasajeep: Is there any way you could show me that? A photo with the combo, then the same photo without the TC and just cropped?

Thanks again!
Mark

Most reactions

Back