Thoughts on maternity sihlouette

... It's a posed image in an unposed setting. grrrr...
Nailed it in one!

Should I leave it out of the set?
Not really for me to say, but it does seem a bit out of place.

The second set are really great!

But I want someone to tell me what to do lol!! I think I'll leave it in the series just because my contact at the hospital said to err on the side of too many pictures.

It was a fun session, as a matter of fact, by the time we were done and I returned home (about 45 minutes away), I got a text telling me our little photoshoot had put her into labor. So as per my contract, I jumped back into the car and drove the 45 minutes to the hospital to photograph her birth story.

My opinion is that you should leave it out of the set.

I do get what you were trying to do but for me it's too underexposed on your subject for a partial silhouette (where to my mind some of your subject needs to be properly exposed) and too overexposed to be a proper silhouette. The result makes your subject look too muddy.

In a comparison with your photos in post 13 and 14 (which are really excellent) I'm afraid the first one just doesn't cut the mustard for me I'm afraid.

I do think it's a look that's worth exploring though, but with partial lighting exposing some key features of your subject could be remarkable but not quite managed here.

Yeah, I would leave it IN the set. I think it's a great picture! I'm sure she'd love to have that one!

My opinion is that you should leave it out of the set.

I do get what you were trying to do but for me it's too underexposed on your subject for a partial silhouette (where to my mind some of your subject needs to be properly exposed) and too overexposed to be a proper silhouette. The result makes your subject look too muddy.

In a comparison with your photos in post 13 and 14 (which are really excellent) I'm afraid the first one just doesn't cut the mustard for me I'm afraid.

I do think it's a look that's worth exploring though, but with partial lighting exposing some key features of your subject could be remarkable but not quite managed here.

I think I can play with some curves in PS and bring out some of her features. I shot in RAW, so there is a lot I can do to pull out some features.

Yes, it should be easy enough to pull up the shadows if you haven't already.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back