Three pics, C&C Please

realitycheck3907

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys these are two pics I got today. I tried to pay better attention to what all you guys have been giving me. So this time please pour on the harsh critique. I want to get better at this so its time for you guys to let me have it. ;)
Thanks guys, Chet

DSC_0076-1.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Edit: I got rid of the third pic, cause it was a dud.

Last edited:
2 and 3 kind of bore me.. 1 could be improved though.. the river looks great.. but if it was my pic, I would be making those colors pop out more... especially the greens

I would say that 1 and 3 bore me, but I really like two - I like the simplicity of the colours and shapes, good job!

You know I always love pictures taken straight up into trees that are illuminated by the sun, but they seem to bore the heck out of everyone. I was thinking about it on the way home today as I saw a very pretty tree just kind of wafting in the breeze.

Dunno.

I, for one, like 2 very much.

#1's a lovely little shot but could do with being slightly warmer IMO.

There's nothing boring about #2 for my money, it doesn't immediately grab the eye I grant you but if you look at it the composition very subtly draws you in. This is my favourite.

#3? Meh! Not you best work dude. Lacks sharpness, contrast and if I'm entirely honest interest. I'm slightly surprised at you posting it.

Thanks for the help guys thats what I wanted to hear, straight honest opinions. I'm glad some of you really like number two. I was walking along the path and saw those big leaves then got under the tree and looked up and was like wow, thats so pretty. I was scared I missed it though when I took the picture.
I'll get rid of number three, and make it two pics. HEHE

I also added a warming filter and some contrast to number 1

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back