Three portrait-esque photos for critique.

TheMightyGoat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay, they're not technically portraits, but in that genre thereabouts.

The car bugs me in this one.
MattPortrait1.jpg

Toyed with the sky.
MattPortrait2.jpg

Again, toyed with the sky. Also removed a buoy deal that was in the way.
MattPortrait3.jpg

never seen aguy wearing uggs before. very interesting. maybe its a new trend.

pictures are alright. i think the first one is the most interesting. you're right about the car though.

Very nice I like the first 2 the best. The last one is good, just not as interesting as the first 2

nice shots except the sky is way blown out in 2

lol at the uggs. my fist time seeing a guy with uggs.

never seen aguy wearing uggs before. very interesting. maybe its a new trend.

pictures are alright. i think the first one is the most interesting. you're right about the car though.

Haha, the first thing I thought was "that dude is in uggs". Decent shots otherwise. Go with a tighter crop on the first so it's not as tall (less mulch and concrete.

Haha, the first thing I thought was "that dude is in uggs". Decent shots otherwise. Go with a tighter crop on the first so it's not as tall (less mulch and concrete.

That was my intention when taking the shot. When I tried it in editing however, it just made the picture look too friggin' weird given that the converging lines are at such an angle. Having the edge of the frame near them makes your head feel tilted. Try it if you want.

I think all of them are very nice. The second one I think the young man's face is a bit dark. I really really like the 3rd one especially, except the sky is too bright and overexposed. But again that last one I really like and the water is so clear. Nice. :)

I don't know what uggs are. :blushing:

Uggs are the boots he's wearing.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was the boots or the top. I just glanced at their website and they do have menswear. :)

The skies in the second two are intentionally blown out. It's more interesting than their original exposures (uniform gray). Ideally, I should have taken each of those shots twice, with the exposure compensation bracketed, and combined the foreground and sky in Photoshop.

But I didn't.

i think if it was blown out to an all white sky it would look nice, but the clouds look odd amongst the white

Most reactions

Back