What's new

Tibetan monks passing square in European city of culture 2012

Primoz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
174
Reaction score
27
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So this year my hometown Maribor in Slovenia is the european city of culture. So one day I decided to take some shots of the newly build Square of Leon Štukelj.

As I was doing that it unintentionally happened that Tibetan monks (Dalai Lama was visiting our town that day) passed the square. I thought it could make an interesting photo, so I snapped a shot and the result is the photo below. Thoughts?

 
Last edited:
I like the conceptual view of this photo, but it only works because you mentioned that they are tibetan monks otherwise..I wouldn't feel this way. I like the ghostly capture of them, they're more spirit-like than human and this is cool because they believe that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. Did you take any horizontal shots, I'm curious to see what it would have looked like. Are those blue things suspended, lights? Very interesting! I like the mood of this photo, I think it's a good job! :)
 
Sbuxo hit the nail on the head for me! I think that i f you didn't tell us they were monks, i don't know if i would have made that connection. However, i love the idea of the shot! The colors all work well too!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom