ticked off!!!

Both, tripod is a great tool, light is also a very important tool.

I am a member of 4 different forums, it was just simple humor. You get it, a joke.:er:

You never did answer me, what kind of camera do you have?

I use a Pentax S40 to do my remote control aerial photography, it is a simple point and shoot camera but I tell you what it takes great pictures. You got to hand it to Pentax they make a good product.

I am a Olympus fan also, I have 3 had 4 but the fourth didn't make it through the crash ( was a AP camera ). I have a D425 a simple point and shoot, SP-310 the closest thing to a SLR and my E500 DSLR. The sp 310 is a 7mp and has all the fancy settings, shoots like crap! I think, now this is just my opinion, that the high quality cameras are harder to get a good picture from than a DSLR. I am talking the high Mp point and shoots. My DSLR will smoke the sp310 any day of the week. The sp310 was supose to be great, it is a pain in the butt. That might be a problem for you, I had a Kodak easyshare C530 I gave it to my brother. My DSLR has a kodak image sensor but I will never buy another kodak again.

I got Kodak Easyshare 875 from the Exif data. Funny part is it says edited with CS2. I wish I could afford that software. :D

Don't worry, I felt the same way, not too long ago. Just take it one step at a time. Maybe you are trying to hard. A tripod would help. Also it is easier (for me) to take pictures outside in the natural light.

Well ... that seems to have helped everything get on its' way to start with. and I hope it gets better with practise. you seem to be doing quite well now.
to the others what I say is...

I never said photos are not art... I said Photography was a MEDIUM.

Any way have fun and enjoy....
Also.. it is worth saying that even on "Macro" setting you can get too close , this too will mess up focus. But as I said, You appear to be getting on the way quite nicely now...

Also, if your camera has a burst mode or a mode where it can take multiple pictures in a row, try that. The chances of getting a clear shot are better with the more pictures you take. I've found that if I need to get a clear shot in low light with my Canon, that if I take about 10 pictures, several come out clear.

Also good advice is to use a tripod and the camera's self-timer. If you can't use a tripod though, hold the camera close to your body and try to brace it, don't hold it out in front of you. If possible, rest your arms on something to reduce shake even more.

If you still have problems, try using a shutter priority mode (if your camera has one), and set the shutter speed at or above 1/50, if the picture comes out dark, then introduce more light.

Also, if your camera has a burst mode or a mode where it can take multiple pictures in a row, try that. The chances of getting a clear shot are better with the more pictures you take. I've found that if I need to get a clear shot in low light with my Canon, that if I take about 10 pictures, several come out clear.

Also good advice is to use a tripod and the camera's self-timer. If you can't use a tripod though, hold the camera close to your body and try to brace it, don't hold it out in front of you. If possible, rest your arms on something to reduce shake even more.

If you still have problems, try using a shutter priority mode (if your camera has one), and set the shutter speed at or above 1/50, if the picture comes out dark, then introduce more light.

Good point I should have thought of that. Set shutter speed at 1/125 minimum for hand held, even though 60th will work most of the time, and that should stop any incidental movement.

But still... ISO 80? That's the biggest problem that jumps off the page. :lmao:

I never said photos are not art... I said Photography was a MEDIUM.

Yes you did...
The fact is that photography is NOT and art.... There you go ... One hornets nest firmly stirred up...
Although at the end of the message you got it straight. :lol:

Painting , Like photography, is NOT art, It is a Medium.
So if someone read the middle of the message, they might have missed to point. (like I originally did?) But are you trying to tell me that there isn't an art in painting, and there isn't an art of taking good pictures?

Of course I do agree, house and bridge painters aren't artists in my book.

Yes, photography is a medium, the picture, might be art. I liked Jackson Pollack, some of my "artist" friends said he was Jack the Dripper. I said a toilet hanging on the wall, isn't art. But it always comes back to "what is art?" And I'm not going there!

I think the nosey camel is artistic but Ex said it was gross and distorted. I have my own opinions on what is gross and distorted, but I'm not going there either! :p

ok...um...thansk for all the advice. a lil more than i thought, but it gives me something to do. soemthgin to read even thought i dont liek to. i will...

is a Kodak EasyShare C875...8 mp. x optical zoom....thats all i know about it. so yeah. i dunno all the complex stuff.

how do i set the shutter sped and all that? i found the setting or whatever, but i dunno how to change it..umm...well ok. i just looked at it and i found out how..but without the flas, the highest it goes to is 1/20 or something...

To understand how to change settings on your camera, it would be best to take the time to read the camera manual. It will answer any questions you may have about how to change your settings.

Take photos of whatever interests you. Take your camera out with you on walks, or when you go on trips, take photos of your friends, buildings, landscapes. Look for things that catch your interest, then try taking photographs of them from different angles.

Take photos of whatever interests you. Take your camera out with you on walks, or when you go on trips, take photos of your friends, buildings, landscapes. Look for things that catch your interest, then try taking photographs of them from different angles.

i dont really have friends to take pics of, im trying to find out what interests me, i never get out cuz theres no where to go...theres no buliding around here, and to omany ugly trees to be cool landscapes...i would take it to school, i kinda do, but were not allowed to have em, so i dont really take pics there. i took it when we went to mexico, and got SOME good pics...so i dont knwo exactly what interests me. ya know? thats why im asking

:banghead: Wow Art, art, art????? What is art was a thing that will be better if art it is not and now his camera works because of a green hand thingy and a video tipod that shutter spped is not art like but is so it could iso be that it will soon and is concidered af art because of creativeity.:shock: :chatty: :shock: :whip: :headbang: :delete: :angry1: :roll: :cokespit:

Did I catch it all HOLLY :soapbox:

Tyson, I think you have perfectly captured the spirit of this thread. :mrgreen:

J

Tyson, I think you have perfectly captured the spirit of this thread. :mrgreen:

J
At some point in time I realized that I was stuck in a wirlpool effect and going down fast.:band:

I am having a hard time with my words and keeping my mouth shut. I am biteing my tounge.

why cant i do anything with cameras???
:hug::
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/chasing-magic-bullet.html

I may be a newbie, but I do know that a camera doesn't take a photo any more than a guitar plays a song.

Look within, young jedi, the failure is there.

P.S. On a more personal note, this reminds me, (because of your screenname), of when I took my youngest brother out to camp, and let him try shooting my pistol. He was 12 or so.

I'm not sure if it was those silly hollywood movies, or video games or what, but for some reason, he saw me shooting, and assumed that he was going to be able to start knocking cans over like a champion right out of the gate.

He felt pretty embarrassed when he was missing at thirty feet, then twenty feet, then about ten feet.

I had to really explain to him that shooting a pistol accurately is quite difficult, much harder than a rifle.

It's been a couple years and I bug him in the summer to go out in the back yard and shoot at least five shots a day with his air-rifle. His marksmanship skills are slowly improving. The key isn't just practice, it's consistent practice, and having specific goals while practicing.

Most reactions

Back