• Total voters

Rany Tan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, need some advice.
I bought canon mount Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Description
I chose 105mm for more working distance than 70mm. I thought it has aperture ring, as it says "Nikon mounts do not have an aperture ring." I assumed other mount has it.

That's history, after I received the lens I found the depth of field at f/22 to be too shallow, Now I plan to tilt the lens to increase depth of field. Anyway, I purchased online, and has no valid reason to return it.

I use Sony A6300, so I am thinking of either
Canon EF-EOS Tilt adapter
Amazon.com : Pixco Lens Adapter For Macro Tilt Adapter for Canon EOS EF mount lens to Canon EOS 5D II III 60D 700D 450D 50D : Camera Lens Adapters : Camera & Photo
with
EF-Nex adapter with aperture dial
Amazon.com : Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter w/De-Click Aperture Dial, Canon EOS EF (NOT EF-S) Lens to Sony NEX E-mount Mirrorless Cameras : Sony Emount To Ef Mount : Camera & Photo
but there is no tripod mount with this setup

OR,
I may go EF-Nex Speed booster, I get reduced focal length, but gained aperture control and tripod mount
Amazon.com : VILTROX EF-E Auto-focus AF Mount Adapter Focal Reducer Booster Adapter for Canon EF to Sony E-mount APS-C Camera NEX-7 NEX-6 A7RS A7II : Camera & Photo

Please advise if there is anything negative I should be aware of. Thanks in advance.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you tried focus stacking?

Hi there. Thanks for replying.
No I have not. I read articles about it and saw some tutorial videos on it, and decided that it is not my solution. If I can get hardware to do it right, I prefer not to spend time in software. But I must admit focus stacking produces excellent results, and far more depth than what hardware alone can possibly achieve.

Hardware can only go so far. Tilt will only gain you so much as well. I don't think it's the nirvana you believe it will be. Tilt only gains you additional DOF on one plane within the scene.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back