Time for the Kingfisher

nzmacro

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still my favourite little bird here, so here comes a few. Sacred Kingfisher (Todiramphus sanctus) try and say that ten times fast and see what happens. :1251:

Oly E-M10 and either the Canon FD 500 F/4.5L or the 800 F/5.6L
500mm + 1.4x TC 111.jpg

I feel a headache coming on

P1010086.jpg

I'm not happy, its too darn cold

P1010119z.jpg

Darn crab seems to be stuck

P1010229.jpg

Well that crabs not stuck is it

P1010258-2.jpg

Lookout, coming in

P5080817-5.jpg

Off and about

P7026964.jpg

I like my crabs tossed with a little sand thanks

P5081391.jpg

Not too much sand and crab shells, or i can't keep it down !!

P6184837.jpg

You better share

P1016160.jpg

Breaks on

All the best folks.

Danny.

Great shots, as expected. #4 is great timing.
I see you are using an Olympus now instead of the Sony.

Thanks folks, I'll drive you nuts with other birds and BIF's yet.

The NEX-7 is still used Den. Has the 300 F/2.8 on it at the moment. The body is a mess, but it still works just fine. Wanted to try the extra crop factor of m4/3, not bad sensors at all and the less cropping is handy.

Gone FF sony I see Dennis ??

Danny.

Gone FF sony I see Dennis ??

Danny.

Nope, A77mII is APS-C, though my Maxxum 9000 is FF film ... like you, its about the crop factor.
I really should have kept my FD 400mm f4.5 for my NEX-6, it was a great lens ... sadly I have no telephoto for it.

Last edited:
Man these are really outstanding! :Hail.sml:

Lovely set, Danny! Kingfishers are among my favourite birds. Difficult to shoot too, as they are spooked so easily. I'm currently waiting for the rain and grey skies to bugger off, so I can get back to the local reserve to photograph them. Probably not going to happen for another week, judging by the weather forecast :blue:.

Welcome back Danny,I wondered what happened to you even looked at your flicker a while ago and noticed you where not active or at least posting for quite some time.Great to see ya back and as usually you have not missed a beat.Great set.

Most reactions

Back