Time-lapse advice

ebo651

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Canon Rebel T2i and have been shooting for a few years as a hobby. The last few months I have started shooting time-lapses, mostly of sunsets and such. I shoot them on manual to keep the light consistent, but I keep running into the issue that when you settle on exposure and aperture settings they limit the range you can capture. In other words, I start my shooting about half an hour before the sun actually starts to disappear beyond the horizon and by the time the true color of the sunset is present, my shots are way too dark. Any tips or advice concerning capturing a larger range of light?

Shoot in Av (Aperture priority), set the aperture and the ISO and let the camera pick the shutter speed. Or you'll have to adjust something as the sun goes down and it get darker. Once you set your camera up for a certain exposure in manual, it'll stay there and if the light changes you'll get over or under exposed shots.

Nope as long as the camera can pick a good shutter speed then it will work out or be close enough if you need to make some adjustments after the fact it will be close enough that you can.

Nope as long as the camera can pick a good shutter speed then it will work out or be close enough if you need to make some adjustments after the fact it will be close enough that you can.

and you set the ISO not auto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back