Time to grow up?

Resin42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed that actual constructive criticism seems to have dried up for me over on the noob gallery, the compliments are all very nice but they're not helping me improve. So this is my first time coming out to play with the grown ups, please feel free to not play nice. :)

A few from my recent trip to Oban, C&C really appreciated.

Ganavan_by_Resin42.jpg

My first use of a masking layer to bring out the rocks, I'm worried it shows.

Kerrera_by_Resin42.jpg

Someone said the lighthouse thing was distracting, I disagree but would like other opinions

Silent_Watch_II_by_Resin42.jpg

Advice on the conversion please, I'm happy with the sky but are the bouy and the trees overdone.

Cheers

Nice shots! #3 is not my favorite but 1 and 2 are brilliant. What editing software did you use?

Thanks. I'm using cs3, the conversion was enhanced by cranking the saturatation in the raw conversion to give a little bit more control with the B&W tool. it's a technique I'm using for a lot of my monos at the moment.

For number 3, my eyes were drawn immediately to the bright highlight at the bottom of the sky and kept coming back to it. I think it is distracting. Also I think the sky is slightly too dark: it looks like the tone of the sky does not match the reflections on the water.

Most reactions

Back