Time to put the heating on?

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
In this room right now it is 17°C or 63°F. Outside the BBC website says it's 4°C where I live.

Brrrrrr. And yes, my toes are going numb.

i live in the southeastern united states and today's high temperature is only getting up to 30degrees F. people die around here when it gets that cold.

md

Ummmmmm...shush you. It's going to be below zero degrees F tonight. Maybe 15F right now outside. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

MDowdey said:
i live in the southeastern united states and today's high temperature is only getting up to 30degrees F. people die around here when it gets that cold.

md

LOL, Aubrey said that if SC had gotten the snow we're getting today (about 2-4inches) the state would have shut down :D

AlisonS said:
MDowdey said:

md

LOL, Aubrey said that if SC had gotten the snow we're getting today (about 2-4inches) the state would have shut down :D

he is right, people think the apocolypse is coming when they see flurries...

md

it was 17 degrees when i woke up this mornin. That is fridged for MS...freakin fridged! I love it...the winter is my favorite season.

MDowdey said:

md

Or ice... or even the hint of ice. I'm sure you have the local news stories about turning your heaters on. "Look out people. We are turning our heaters on." ( have to remind people to be responsible around their space heaters. ) :roll:

Aoide said:
MDowdey said:

md

Or ice... or even the hint of ice. I'm sure you have the local news stories about turning your heaters on. "Look out people. We are turning our heaters on." ( have to remind people to be responsible around their space heaters. ) :roll:

yeah its a strange thing down here to freeze in the morning and have to turn your air conditioning on in the afternoon...

md

MDowdey said:

md
It's 39°F outside right now and it's 14:52 as I type. They rekon it'll be 35°F (for you backwards °F people). I live in what is regarded as one of the warmest parts of the UK. Not the warmest parts, but one of.

I put a halogen heater on a few minutes ago and the temperature has rocked up to... 17°C.

uk_temperature_scale.gif

brtemp012.jpg

I'm just happy the schools have broken up for Christmas or I'd be spending my afternoon walking around if this. Now I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks when it will be even colder. Oh joy.
Then in the summer this 17°C will turn into a 45°C room. :shock:

It's well bellow freezing here. Yesterday & today, we are having wind gusts up to 100 kph (62 mph) with blowing snow & hail.

Sections of the city lost power when trees fell on the lines. I even saw a railway crossing arm that had snapped off in the wind.

Some poor guy was killed not far from here. He was kite boarding (snow board & kite) on a frozen lake and was blown into the side of a building.

MDowdey said:
yeah its a strange thing down here to freeze in the morning and have to turn your air conditioning on in the afternoon...

md

Hey! That's what today and tomorrow are going to be like. 30s in the morning mid 60s in the afternoon. I personally am not a fan of winter, but I can tolerate the southern ones. :D

Laurie

Picksure said:
-39c yesterday am.
warmed up to -30c this am.

OUCH!!! There would be utter choas in the streets if it ever got that cold in MS. :lol:

Most reactions

Back