Thanks!
This was a tough shoot. Out on a boat for 4 hours in the 90+ degrees and high humidity.
The haze is very real, and only enhanced a bit by smoothing via noise reduction.
Flyingmember, I have to disagree with you. Increasing the contrast between the sails and the sky also increases the feel of faking the image with photoshop. My opinion is, sometimes you can have contrast between detail, and the lack thereof, as in this image.
Here's another.
So many images from this shoot are kinda boring or just more of the same. This one, I applied the water color effect to bring out some intrest in the sky and have it compliment the boat.
It was quite an experience of thinking fast, quickly check backgrounds, composing, and getting the picture. Our boat was constantly moving. The Tall Ships were constantly moving, and other boaters were constantly getting in the way. I am quite happy to have walked away with the first posted image. The rest are just "ok".