Time Travel

I don't have many pictures on my wall because not many sink me in long enough to look it more then 2 times. I would pay for this if I saw it for sale. Nothing to cc on it. I would say it about a perfect shot. The best I have seen yet from ya. Great job.

grear composition and capture

for a black and white it's a bit flat in the sails compared to the sky. with the shadow they almost blend in. make the sails pop some and it will work that much more

Thanks!

This was a tough shoot. Out on a boat for 4 hours in the 90+ degrees and high humidity.

The haze is very real, and only enhanced a bit by smoothing via noise reduction.

Flyingmember, I have to disagree with you. Increasing the contrast between the sails and the sky also increases the feel of faking the image with photoshop. My opinion is, sometimes you can have contrast between detail, and the lack thereof, as in this image.

Here's another.

4773414670_b86cb24618_b.jpg

So many images from this shoot are kinda boring or just more of the same. This one, I applied the water color effect to bring out some intrest in the sky and have it compliment the boat.

It was quite an experience of thinking fast, quickly check backgrounds, composing, and getting the picture. Our boat was constantly moving. The Tall Ships were constantly moving, and other boaters were constantly getting in the way. I am quite happy to have walked away with the first posted image. The rest are just "ok".

Very nice capture. The black and white is spot on for this shot.

This is very nice :thumbup:.... kinda reminds me of that scene in 'The Goonies'.

When are you going to stop posting the beginners forum Bitter? Obviously you've progressed past that stage, and this shot helps to prove that. Absolutely stunning.

Bitter, I was at the local Art Association gallery yesterday that included some photographers....Not impressed. If I saw a print of that ship, I would have bought it! Great work! Tom Beard

Great work, Bitter. I love sailing ships and nautical stuff. If I saw that print in a gallery, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Tom Beard

Most reactions

New Topics

Back