times when you wished you had your good camera..

Dropsonde

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
4819115960_ae7c8821b0_b.jpg

This is exactly the reason my camera is always with me, wherever I go :)

I had a situation a month or two ago where I had a choice: be able to drive my convertible with a friend without my camera (it doesn't fit anywhere except the passenger seat) or ride around in his crappy car. I chose to take him and my car.

That night we met up with some friends at a local lake. An hour later a thunderstorm was moving to the east, for two hours the lightning went cloud to cloud, cloud to ground everywhere.

And I didn't have my camera. I could have cried.

I was driving on the highway a couple months ago with my 2 1/2 year old in the back seat, and the weather was being very strange. Bright blue sky in places, patchy white clouds in places, and then super dark clouds with rain in others. As we drove by a field the sun was hitting it just right and I just knew I had to take a picture... but all I had was my iPhone (besides even if I had had my "good" camera with me it was only my Canon G3 at the time).

I ended up getting off the highway and driving down this tiny little road for about a mile before I pulled over and took a few shots, which I ended up stitching in to a panorama (which turned out okay but not great - there are some obvious artifacts that I need to fix, and it's pretty obvious that the camera was changing the WB and exposure for each shot - I'll fix it all eventually). My daughter was very patient with the whole process.

Panoramic%20Weather.jpg

My second biggest problem is when I have my good camera but circumstances prevent me from using it... there's no where to pull over, or we're on a schedule and don't have time to stop, or whatever. That's at least as frustrating as not having the camera, if not more.

yeah i've gotten a pretty sweet pic out of my phone. the one above was taken at the beach sunset before fireworks.. which kind of sucked. but the drinkin was fun

Most reactions

New Topics

Back