What's new

Timing is Everything!

Ok everyone else here seems to love it and I'm actually kinda wondering if its an inside joke or something for the lack of dissention.

nm I'm a dork :D


We're not looking at it as a clock. Even tho that's what it is, we see it as artistic expression.
We're looking at it as the artistic side of time. The second hand that everyone is complaining about was intentional.
It gives a sense of time in every way. What would the clock be without the second hand?
It's very obvious that the OP cunningly waited for the second hand to reach 3 seconds before it started its new revolution.
This indicates " before the beginning of time" and it leaves the viewer wondering, "what might have been?
He is trying to draw the viewers into time and its effect on daily life. Perfect timing indicates being in the right place at the right time.
In this instance, the OP is.
Viewing this image left me wondering," Did this clock really have the right time when the image was captured?

All in all I give this image a 9 on creativity.
A 10 on exposure.
A 12 on artistic value.
This is on a scale of 1-10 too.

Needless to say, I am inspired.

Thumbs up.
Keep up the good work.
 
Ok everyone else here seems to love it and I'm actually kinda wondering if its an inside joke or something for the lack of dissention. I thought it was kinda cool this way, a little bit of play with the composition-
I guess if I have to explain it its not working, but like this the line makes a 1 and the clock makes the 0, kinda reinforces the 10 o clock thing.

Hey.. it isn't top heavy any more! lol! :)

( I was joking, btw!... )
 
Ok everyone else here seems to love it and I'm actually kinda wondering if its an inside joke or something for the lack of dissention.

nm I'm a dork :D


We're not looking at it as a clock. Even tho that's what it is, we see it as artistic expression.
We're looking at it as the artistic side of time. The second hand that everyone is complaining about was intentional.
It gives a sense of time in every way. What would the clock be without the second hand?
It's very obvious that the OP cunningly waited for the second hand to reach 3 seconds before it started its new revolution.
This indicates " before the beginning of time" and it leaves the viewer wondering, "what might have been?
He is trying to draw the viewers into time and its effect on daily life. Perfect timing indicates being in the right place at the right time.
In this instance, the OP is.
Viewing this image left me wondering," Did this clock really have the right time when the image was captured?

All in all I give this image a 9 on creativity.
A 10 on exposure.
A 12 on artistic value.
This is on a scale of 1-10 too.

Needless to say, I am inspired.

Thumbs up.
Keep up the good work.

Actually he intended for the shadows/hands to match, not the second hand. Cool insight though :)
​
 
Don't be sorry at all!

You didn't need to remove it.

I think Charlie is right though, that your version seems more balanced.

I am trying to figure out if it's that the hands and lines are opposite, or if it's just that the angle feels beete going up to he right, rather than down.

Feel free to put it back up for the sake of discussion. No harm.


I think it now asks the question, which is better, original (natural) intent of capture, or recombination for sake of compositional balance?

Bitter.. sometimes your shots make my head feel the same way some trig problems used to do, back in school! lol! This is one of them! I do like it though!
 
Ok everyone else here seems to love it and I'm actually kinda wondering if its an inside joke or something for the lack of dissention.

nm I'm a dork :D


We're not looking at it as a clock. Even tho that's what it is, we see it as artistic expression.
We're looking at it as the artistic side of time. The second hand that everyone is complaining about was intentional.
It gives a sense of time in every way. What would the clock be without the second hand?
It's very obvious that the OP cunningly waited for the second hand to reach 3 seconds before it started its new revolution.
This indicates " before the beginning of time" and it leaves the viewer wondering, "what might have been?
He is trying to draw the viewers into time and its effect on daily life. Perfect timing indicates being in the right place at the right time.
In this instance, the OP is.
Viewing this image left me wondering," Did this clock really have the right time when the image was captured?

All in all I give this image a 9 on creativity.
A 10 on exposure.
A 12 on artistic value.
This is on a scale of 1-10 too.

Needless to say, I am inspired.

Thumbs up.
Keep up the good work.

Actually he intended for the shadows/hands to match, not the second hand. Cool insight though :)

Yeah I know.
This has been mind blowing for me.
To be able to take a clock and do this, is artistic value at its very highest level.
I'm taking notes here.
I wanna be this good one day.
And thanks.
 
We're not looking at it as a clock. Even tho that's what it is, we see it as artistic expression.We're looking at it as the artistic side of time. The second hand that everyone is complaining about was intentional.It gives a sense of time in every way. What would the clock be without the second hand?It's very obvious that the OP cunningly waited for the second hand to reach 3 seconds before it started its new revolution.This indicates " before the beginning of time" and it leaves the viewer wondering, "what might have been?He is trying to draw the viewers into time and its effect on daily life. Perfect timing indicates being in the right place at the right time.In this instance, the OP is.Viewing this image left me wondering," Did this clock really have the right time when the image was captured?All in all I give this image a 9 on creativity.A 10 on exposure.A 12 on artistic value.This is on a scale of 1-10 too.Needless to say, I am inspired.Thumbs up.Keep up the good work.
Actually he intended for the shadows/hands to match, not the second hand. Cool insight though :)
Yeah I know.This has been mind blowing for me.To be able to take a clock and do this, is artistic value at its very highest level.I'm taking notes here.I wanna be this good one day.And thanks.
Somehow and this is a real random thought, is Lightspeed being sarcastic???? I seriously can't tell. But I wonder.....
 
Seeing as your photos are OK to edit, I used photobucket so the quality might be downgraded some

6893882949_b17acd2abb_o.jpg
 
How can you possibly think that you can improve perfection?
Come to think of it now that I look at it, the clock does look less under exposed. And more sharp.
What did you do?
 
How can you possibly think that you can improve perfection?
Come to think of it now that I look at it, the clock does look less under exposed. And more sharp.
What did you do?

Well I felt that in the orignal, the focus was slightly off on the hands, it felt overall underexposed and the BW conversion looked very flat. A lot of grey tones. So I just some did some slight contrast & exposure adjustments and sharpened it up a bit. Very simple, but makes a big difference.

And no, Lightspeed is not coaching me here :lol: I just love edits!!!
 
How can you possibly think that you can improve perfection?
Come to think of it now that I look at it, the clock does look less under exposed. And more sharp.
What did you do?

Well I felt that in the orignal, the focus was slightly off on the hands, it felt overall underexposed and the BW conversion looked very flat. A lot of grey tones. So I just some did some slight contrast & exposure adjustments and sharpened it up a bit. Very simple, but makes a big difference.

And no, Lightspeed is not coaching me here :lol: I just love edits!!!

I still like the original better.

Yeah yours might have more drastic contrast... but grey tones aren't bad.

In the original you can see the texture in the un-shadowed part of the wall. In yours... you can't.

I think Bitter's moodier... and I, honestly, think the wall texture adds to the feel.

But that's just me.
 
How can you possibly think that you can improve perfection?
Come to think of it now that I look at it, the clock does look less under exposed. And more sharp.
What did you do?

Well I felt that in the orignal, the focus was slightly off on the hands, it felt overall underexposed and the BW conversion looked very flat. A lot of grey tones. So I just some did some slight contrast & exposure adjustments and sharpened it up a bit. Very simple, but makes a big difference.

And no, Lightspeed is not coaching me here :lol: I just love edits!!!

I still like the original better.

Yeah yours might have more drastic contrast... but grey tones aren't bad.

In the original you can see the texture in the un-shadowed part of the wall. In yours... you can't.

I think Bitter's moodier... and I, honestly, think the wall texture adds to the feel.

But that's just me.

You want texture I can do texture. I can even enhance it more then the original.

6893882949_b17acd2abb_o-1.jpg
 
How can you possibly think that you can improve perfection?
Come to think of it now that I look at it, the clock does look less under exposed. And more sharp.
What did you do?

Well I felt that in the orignal, the focus was slightly off on the hands, it felt overall underexposed and the BW conversion looked very flat. A lot of grey tones. So I just some did some slight contrast & exposure adjustments and sharpened it up a bit. Very simple, but makes a big difference.

And no, Lightspeed is not coaching me here :lol: I just love edits!!!

I still like the original better.

Yeah yours might have more drastic contrast... but grey tones aren't bad.

In the original you can see the texture in the un-shadowed part of the wall. In yours... you can't.

I think Bitter's moodier... and I, honestly, think the wall texture adds to the feel.

But that's just me.

Although I agree with you, in part.
I feel though she may have taken away in one area and given back in another.
Tho I find this image inspirational and moving, not to mention I look at time totally different now, I find it very hard to choose between the original or the edit.
Time is a very essential aspect of our lives. Perhaps the most valuable thing that we have.

So umm, you single tonight?
I have time.
lol
 
So umm, you single tonight?
I have time.
lol

For the next few hours.

:lol:

I decided to skip out on tonight's show. I'll go tomorrow.

:lmao:

The night is ours!
Got any high heels?
hahahahaa

Yeah, but they're all packed. I'm too lazying to unpack everything and I rarely wear heels out now-a-days... makes it too hard to shoot at shows, haha. ...And there haven't been any sexy social parties lately sooooooooo... heels are still packed. :lmao:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom